Chapter 2: What Bonds Are

Vote please! It takes a second :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I arrived at Katy's apartment, only to be  welcomed by a bone-crushing hug that almost squeezed the heavens out of me.

Katy and I have been friends since like middle school, her parents worked overseas, and she had been living at her aunt's home until two years ago, where she finally got herself a simple apartment to enjoy independence.

It's been a while since we last met, I really missed her, and right now ─more than that, I really needed her.

"Charlotte!! Oh Gosh, it's been ages you little cupcake!" She mouthed, as she continued to hug me while she slowly patted my head.

My tear glands, which were always ready for action, were naturally activated, as I bawled.

"Katy," I said as I started to sob, "I... this... it's..."

All I needed at the moment was to sleep comfortably on a relaxing bed, so that I can sort out my plans and actions tomorrow. I was really in no mood to talk at the current time.

As though reading my thoughts, Katherine Martins nudged me gently as a sign for me to enter the apartment, "You're probably tired right now, I'll lend you a pajama of mine so you can sleep and rest, come in." she said with a reassuring smile.

I just adore her.

The moment I wore the pajamas, I hopped onto the bed and very soon drifted to a deep sleep, the events of the day were so tiring that I couldn't really resist the sleepiness that was haunting my eyes.

Well, I just hope tomorrow will be better than today.

******

I sleepily flipped my eyelashes several times as I tried to recognize my surroundings.

Upon the sweet smell of hot chocolate and pancakes tickling my nostrils, butterflies formed in my stomach.

Yum. I could enjoy this smell for the rest of my life.

I think I'd break my Never−Ever−Fall−In−Love vow only for chocolate ─I'm sure this sweet stuff could make me happy for eternity.

I sat up on the bed, fully awake now, slowly recalling what happened yesterday.

Awful, was the perfect word to describe the events that came to my mind. Then I remembered I was at Katy's apartment, and soon enough was sure of that when I heard Katy's unmistakable voice coming closer from the other room.

"Wake up, little bunny, pancakes and hot chocolate are waiting for you!!"

She smiled at me, "Oh, you're awake."

I smiled back tiredly at her."You know my love story with chocolate."

"Very well then, come!"

Best friends are people you don't need to talk to every single day, not even every week, but when you do, it's as if you'd never stopped talking.

Well, that's me and Katy, neither of us stopped talking the whole time as we were having breakfast, I told her about my parents' fight and about my decision to become independent.

"Hey, Kashy (Katy), Gueff whaff (Guess what)!" I said with my mouth stuffed with several pieces of the pancake, trying to munch them all together.

Katy looked at me with a bored face, as if she already knew I was going to throw a lame joke, "What? And don't speak with your mouth full!" she snapped at me teasingly.