Chapter 50: Third Hostage

Vote+comment+enjoy!fb Love♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Tears strolled down my cheeks as I recalled Harveston's statement half an hour ago or so.

He intended to use us as stepping stones.

He intended to use me to destroy him.

To ruin Mr. Ellington. To... To kill him.

Could he? Can he?

I have no idea.

The pain within my chest made my breathing harder than anything, and my whole body pained.

Glancing to the laying Katy to my side, I grimaced.

Torn.

That's what her clothes, and facial expression looked like.

Pain.

That's what her body, and eyes held.

Hurt.

Physically, and emotionally; she seemed almost destroyed.

Broken.

Broken.

Broken.

That's exactly what perfectly described my Katy at such a point.

A broken woman. A woman whose eyes lacked their light and liveliness.

She was crying silently.

Tears left painful paths behind them as they traced her bruised cheeks.

She has not spoken a word since Harvey's words half an hour ago. Even her eyes had turned into utter glass after his words.

Empty. She seemed like she was slowly drowning into thoughts of nothingness.

It was as if her inner consciousness was rejecting all what had befallen on her in the past few days.

As I stared into her shallow beads, Harveston's words replayed in my head:

'There are two types of people in this world: those who use, and those who are used. Stepping stones are the latter ones.'

'You are my stepping stones this time.'

He called her a stepping stone. He bluntly told his ex-now-girlfriend he used her.

What the heck could be even more painful? The feeling of being used is no feeling which humans tend to accept, so what if it's even by someone you love?

Forget about me, his words only raised my loathe towards him.

For Katy, though, that must've been heartbreaking.

I came closer to her; my hands were still tied to my back as I snuggled to her.

"Katy," I pressed my lips to her cheek softly, trying to wipe her tears away.

She said nothing, and her tears continued to stroll down.

"Katy?" I repeated again, and she didn't answer.

Her state resembled that of a traumatized mother over the sudden death of her son or daughter.

She had no words. Vacant.

I noticed she was gazing out of the window into the thunderous sky.

It has not stopped raining since the day before yesterday. The day which Harvey called me.