Chapter 68: School Days

A late update! It's not even edited but we wanted to update it! Vote+Comment♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After locking his car, Rickard Ellington Conway walked towards the wide entry of the Riverwood Secondary/High School, and I followed.

We entered through the main entrance, and I walked behind him as he marched through corridors, up some stairs and through some twists.

We passed before classes, and I could hear the energetic voices of students as well as the voices of teachers.

I eyed the posters of the clubs and the students wearing different costumes for each club.

Nearing the wall, I examined the posters more intently.

The reading club... The swimming club... The running club... The tennis club... And also... The Karate club.

I frowned slightly as I gazed into the uniforms of the Karate club and the team of students.

A fast and very short series of images shot to my head, and a couple of words escaped my lips without me even feeling.

"I was at the Karate club."

Rickard Ellington Conway did not stop talking or turn towards me.

"I know." He muttered, arrogantly.

I bit my lips, and moved to follow.

Holy, how does he know?!

Then I stopped again, as I eyed a huge list of names hung over the wall.

The list held a title in bold: 'Honour List - Top 50 scholars for the first semester of the year.'

I blinked.

"I-I was at this honour list too!" I found the words escaping me further, and the ideas coming to my mind without any original base.

The Ellington Adam stopped at that, as he turned towards me.

He moved to walk back towards me, and stopped as he observed the list thoroughly with his cool and unflinching gaze.

"The top fifty scholars, eh?" He muttered, and his voice, for a tiny second, held something similar to admiration.

I flushed, and pride surged through me. Yay, I'd managed to impress him!

I then felt his heated gaze shift towards the lucky me.

"You're recalling?" He questioned, icily.

I sighed. "J-Just flashbacks."

He let out a gentle, short breath, and turned to resume his walking.

We finally stopped before some office.

Administration ─The door announced.

So it's the principal's office, hm?

Rickard Ellington raised his hard, left hand, and knocked confidently on the door.

So he's really sinistral.

"Please enter." a voice came from inside.

It looked like the voice of an old woman, and she seemed nice.

"Stay here," the beautiful being before me ordered, calmly, "I shall be back shortly."

I gazed into him for some moment, a bit uncomfortable about being left here alone, but then nodded, obediently, wordlessly.

He entered, and then closed the door behind him.

I sighed, as I stood before the door, dazedly.