Chapter 32: Flying Sparkles

It only takes seconds to vote&comment, loves! Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A few moments of silence passed smoothly as I gazed into the figure that just emerged behind me.

"She's a Miss Kitten."

He was giving us his normal million-dollar smile, his playful look as mischievous as it always has been, and his golden locks as messy as ever.

We all gawked at him in silence.

"M-Mr. Leonard!" I finally gulped and managed to exclaim.

He kept his flirtatious smile intact, approaching us. "Hey there, Miss Kitten!" 

"Wow, Vice President, what are you doing here?!" Jaden was the one to exclaim this time.

Maintaining a perfect smile, the VP eyed Jaden momentarily. "Well, I needed to deliver some paper work to a friend here," He winked, then eyed out plates and the fact that we'd not started yet.  "I see you're having dinner, I won't intrude no more!" He shifted, preparing to leave.

I smiled at him, eyeing him genuinely as I saw that he didn't seem in a hurry. "Care to join?" I gestured at an extra empty seat on the table.

Well, not like I had a date anyway, so I could invite whoever I wanted right?

And Harvey's going to pay anyway, that's one more reason to invite ─err well, it's not, but oh well, Mr. Leonard could pay for all people here!

He kept his smile, and turned towards Harvey and Katy.

Surprisingly enough, his eyes did not even rest on Harvey for a second, as he utterly and completely ignored the guy.

I looked at him, flabbergasted.

Wh-What's with that mannerless behavior? It's totally not like him.

"Ah, I see Miss Katherine is here too. He clicked his tongue, his sky orbs glinting with playfulness. "I think I'll join for a quick drink then!"

Katy frowned at him, and turned her head away, rudely. Oh, now that I think of it, she did mention she didn't like his attitude.

It was then that Harvey displayed a kind of smile at Mr. Leonard that I've never seen on him before.

A dark, mysterious smile.

And a complete fake, and forced one.

"Oh, I have to disappoint you, Mister... Leonard Beards?" He sounded unsure of the last name, "Correct me if I got the name wrong." 

At this, the eyes of Leonard Beards darkened, and yet a maintained his perfect, flashy smile. "No, you got it perfectly. 

Harveston flinched not, his weirdly dark smile still intact. "Anyhow, my Katy is already taken." His tone was meant to be humorous, but I could get it was not. "Better luck next time, hm?"

Katy chuckled, and Mr. Leonard's smile flickered at that moment, yet he directly maintained it back.

Not waiting for any further reaction, Harveston stood up, and his voice came low, and extremely intimidating.

"Harveston Hamlington, it's a pleasure, Mr. Beards." He extended his hand.

The vice president seemed taken aback for only quarter a moment... as he somehow seemed to be... hesitant? Hesitant about shaking Harvey's hand?