Chapter 25: The First Challenge

Don't forget to vote&comment to support! Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

She was towering over me, the empty plate which contained the poured-over-my-clothes soup in her hand; it had some remaining drops of the liquid dripping slowly on me, as I froze in my place.

I was gazing up at her, wide eyed, while her green eyes were shooting daggers at me, in hope I might disappear and vanish.

She said nothing, but simply blew her gum, and puffed it.

Jaden was still standing in his place, shocked as his expression slowly transformed into pure anger, and he looked like a tiger ready to charge at his pray.

"You wench! You did that on purpose!" His voice was loud, that it caught the attention of some of the present people in the cafeteria.

Emeralds Velton chuckled, as she chewed, and eyed Jaden mischievously.

"My, my. The plate slipped from my hand. No need to behave that aggressively."

Jaden's expression broiled in turn. 

"You purposely tried emptying the hot soup on her head, had I not pushed her in the last second!" Jaden was burning, as I felt the soup on my right side cool off.

"Hun," she paused and chewed for seconds, "You're being unreasonable, why would I want to hurt my fellow colleague?" She wondered, dramatically. Oh, please.

Jaden then seemed as if he's gotten enough of her pretensions, and was about to charge at her. I quickly stood up, and blocked his way, placing my hand softly on his chest, as a signal to calm down. "You don't have to, I'm fine, really. Just let's go, the break will be over in five minutes."

He kept standing in his place for some seconds, slowly recollecting his composure. Then he put his hand on my shoulder, and pushed me gently signaling for me to move in front of him so I can be safer from her.

He knew she did it on purpose. I knew, too, but what I knew more was that pulling a fight with her certainly wouldn't stand in my advantage ─at least not now, while the competition is still at its start.

Surely too, Mr. Ellington would not be so delighted if I cause one more commotion, he has seen enough trouble from me since I started working here!

"What do you intend to do now? I mean about your clothes?" Jaden questioned, worriedly.

I sighed.

"I can't really do anything, there's no time, and I can't dream of a fifteen minutes off to go and change. And luckily enough, I'm wearing black so it won't show. Thus, there's nothing to do, I'll finish my day in this state. Just wish I don't die because of the soup smell radiating off my body!" I stated, depressed.

"Screw her! I─" Jaden started but I gestured at him.

"I know you're angry, and so am I. But, please believe I'll beat her, and it's going to be fair and square ─which is exactly why I do not want to get into a fight with her!" I protested.

He went silent, as he stared at me worriedly. "Are you sure?"

I grinned and nodded, "Yes! See you!" I waved a small goodbye and headed towards the elevator ascending to the golden floor.

By the time I stepped into my office, I was met by the nice view of Miss Velton's normal expression, which she normally has when I'm around ─the grim expression, as she headed to exit our office.

"The president said for us to be at his office immediately." She chewed dryly, as she passed by me without even glancing.

I frowned, but turned to march behind her. I'd never give her the advantage of arriving before me, and appearing more punctual!