Chapter 34: A New Game

Don't forget to Vote+Comment! Love♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I rubbed my eyes sleepily, and then flipped them open. They kind of screamed at me, and struggled to go back to their former state and close, but I refused.

I got off from my bed, and headed to the bathroom to do some of my cleaning duties.

I stumbled out of the bathroom fresh off shower, already fully dressed in my simple yet formal working attire.

My mini black skirt, accompanied by my soft pink button up shirt, and relatively high heels.

My hair was tied in a low bun to the right of my head, and I had placed two simple and feminine piercings to add cuteness.

I held my bag and headed to the door to leave, after kissing a still sleeping Katy following yesterday's night drinking.

I got into a cab, and he drove off to my work palace ─the one and only Ellington Company.

******************
I was standing at the entry of the Ellington Company right on time, thanks God, and not even a minute to cause my arrival to be late.

I greeted the two guards, and they somehow smiled at me. Seems like they finally got used to me, and started treating me like some part of the crew.

I barely greeted Mrs. Lane, and headed to the golden elevator of employees. The elevator started ascending to the fiftieth floor.

I don't want to run late! Not on the first day after I officially became his only secretary again, and most certainly, not when I plan on asking him what's between Harveston and him!

What if he says he does not know him? What if he pretends like Leonard Beards and Harveston himself did? My inner voice wondered.

I frowned by myself, and pondered for a second too.

He won't. I finally reached the conclusion.

Why do you sound so sure?

Because I know he won't lie, if he knows him, he won't lie. I reasoned. Rikkard Ellington is not scared nor does he care from or about anything to lie, he is straight-forward because he is almighty and nobody goes against him. Even though he does not speak much, but when he does, it's not lies or sweet-talks.

Oh, he only does not sweet-talk you, but what if he sweet-talks her? My inner voice shot back.

My frown deepened.

Who's her? I tried to act oblivious.

Her! The Paris Fiore! My inner voice snapped.

It's not p-possible. He's not like that. I myself was uncertain.

Oh come on, Charlotte. All men are the same when it comes to such women. Paris Fiore is, no matter how annoying that weirdly seems, the perfect match for the Ellington president. A person almost his same level in social status, and an outstanding figure. Those two can crush the business world together!

I blushed. Gah, why?!

Th-That's exactly why! It's because it can't be, it can't be he's like all men! He would never fall at her feet like others. He'd never fall at the feet of anyone! I argued back.

You're being unreasonable, Charlotte. He's a man. A man that can get the woman, and from what I've seen, he already did! My inner voice commented.

An image from yesterday flashed to my mind. I recalled how Paris Fiore approached him, whispered beside his ear, and then laughed. He nodded graciously at her. He didn't frown.