Chapter 20: What's Happening?

Vote & comment to support our story sweet loves♡
~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~

Today is a Wednesday, and surprisingly enough, a day I was so ungraciously given as a holiday, after the incident with Jaden and the bad dudes the day before yesterday.

Well, my arms and other parts of my body were still a bit bandaged, thus the doctor confirmed to my dear master that my condition, in general, merited at least a day off ─even though the president did not exactly seem convinced.

When Mr. Leonard called him to inform him later that day about what the doctor said, his answer was probably that of the most caring and lovely employer on earth!

'She ran after me to the parking, she is just fine. Tell her to stop fooling around, she barely regained her position.' ─ was my master's tender retort.

Generally speaking, some good time was lost as Mr. Leonard tried reasoning, the doctor personally confirmed I deserved rest ─and I occasionally whined beside the handle, audibly enough for him to hear, just to add the drama!

All in all, my dear boss declared that, exceptionally and for once; I had an official off the following day, and that he shall work me triple for that, when I come back!

And thus, here I am today, enjoying a holiday at my and Katy's apartment, whilst sitting before Katy, whom was reading a magazine about hotties, and drinking her hot chocolate as she munched some chips on the breakfast table.

"Ughh, Katy, just come on! Who has chips for their breakfast? That's unhealthy!" I frowned.

"Easy there, Miss Chocolate. Trust me, hearing that from a chocolate-freak is creepy!" She mocked.

"Chocolate is healthy! It gives us heat and energy." I fixed my invisible eyeglasses, as if I'm some sort of university professor.

"That's what first graders learn, silly." She commented disinterestedly.

Then she went silent for a moment, as she traveled between the pages of the magazine she was observing.

"Wow, Charlotte! This boss of yours, he's being featured a lot lately, almost in every magazine!" Katy stated relatively surprised.

I kept on sipping onto my hot chocolate, as if not fascinated.

"Hmm. I wouldn't really be that surprised, I mean, Mr. Ellington is an outstanding figure..." I stated dazedly, "You know, especially after you get to know him. He might actually be rude, so cursed inhumane and a filthy rich, heartless and cold son of a bachelor..."

I rubbed my jaw, remembering how workaholic he is.

"But one thing I am sure of; Rickard Ellington Conway is professional at what he does ─even though I don't like admitting that." My words came out as if −just a little as if, I trusted him ─as if I trusted his work and his excellence at what he does.

I slapped myself mentally.

Stupid me.

I looked into Katy's eyes, unflinchingly.

"He is the kind of man that imposes people to admire him just as he honors them with a look. His arrogance −even though I dislike it at times− is not shallow like other businessmen I've seen. It-It doesn't come from his money, if you get me." I mumbled, "It'a more about his  whole charisma. He just keeps an aura around himself that compels those who know him to respect him."

I chuckled as I noticed her frown at my words, "You two certainly don't get along though."

Katy grimaced, "He's a bastard. I hate rich dudes to begin with, and for a rich dude to be arrogant and bossy too? He certainly is not in the top ten people I'd like to have in my life!"