Chapter 7: Say my Name!

Vote/Comment/Enjoy♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I ascended to the 50th floor, where the main office was located. Yes, the main office where the current head of the Ellington Enterprises resided.

After what felt like forever, the elevator finally signaled that it has reached its destination, the 'golden floor' aka fiftieth floor.

I got out of it feeling as if I had been cooked and turned into some beef. I don't have motion nor height sickness or such, but good God, ascending forty three floors from the seventh to the
fiftieth floor was something else. I felt tired before even starting my work! 

I just would love to know what the forty-damn-three floors separating Mrs. Lane's and the president's contained!

By the way, if you are wondering whether things worked out concerning me being accepted as the private secretary after the scandal with Mrs. Lane, well thankfully, they did.

Though neither the president, nor Mrs. Lane herself appeared to be so happy about the idea.

Considering the way I snatched the phone from her, and how I refused to give it back despite all her attempts to retrieve it, I certainly ranked in her top ten I-don't-want-to-see-again people of the day.

And as for his majesty, the president, he seemed overly annoyed with my actions and the scene I caused at his respected palace.

And after my memorable speech in which I declared I was his private secretary and apologized for being late −although I was not− he, of course did not warm up for me, rather cut off the call as soon as I finished my sentence.

I stood there dumbfounded, waiting for something or someone to give me a signal what I should do!

After a minute or two, Mrs. Lane's phone rang again. She had retrieved it by then. Thus she answered, while clutching tightly at the handle, afraid I'd snatch it again, and it was the president this time, too.

"Guide this personnel to the fiftieth floor, where my and her offices are located. Tell her not to be late any further." —Was what I heard him stating with his polar icy voice.

And with her most disgusted expression, Mrs. Lane guided me to the elevator which transported me upwards to his floor, or rather, his territory.

And so, here I was, standing at the entry of the fiftieth floor.

I entered, and there were rather several corridors leading to several rooms/offices.

I was too messed up and dizzy from the very comfortable ride in the elevator, and could not see any signs or symbols to guide me where I am supposed to head. And thus, I was literally at a loss what I should do. I remembered he'd ordered me to head to his office first as soon as I arrived, and so I knew I had to find his majesty's office before anything else. 

I considered going back down to ask, but then again, there was no way I would be able to handle the elevator again anytime soon.

Didn't they have any phones here? Ugh, my head is spinning, I can hardly focus. Damn the shitty elevator!

So, I decided I was going to rely on my luck and intuition to guide me to the right way. 

I headed to the first corridor, and it was a considerably long one, with no decorations or signals to where to I am heading through it. Finally, I reached a bedroom at the end of it!

Wait, a bedroom? Does this president sleep here or anything?

Interested in joining him? The voice inside my head questioned.