Chapter 72: Bell Chimes and Fireworks

Read this chapter till the very, very end ;) We hope it lives up to your expections **fingers crossed**

Let's give this chappie more comments than anyone before it!♡_♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I didn't have much thought about the kind of 'heat' which connected a man and a woman.
The flame which burned between them under bed sheets ─or even sometimes on beds without sheets, it all seemed too mysterious to me.

I already lacked enough memories as it is, and I hadn't lived much in the new world at any case to do my pressuring research.

And now there was this.

'Oh I'd be glad to!' ─My own words echoed through my ears.

I continued to tiptoe, as my eyes locked with his, and I slowly starting moving forward.

I could feel his warm breath in the coldness of the night tickle my cheek softly, as I continue to move closer with agonizing slowness.

As my hopes start to fade because of the one-sided-ty of my action, the unexpected happens.

The vice grip of the cold man with a hot body tightens around my shoulders, and Rickard Ellington Conway's face starts slowly, cautiously moving towards mine. His eyes never leaving mine, as they burned.

God... What'll happen no─

"Umm, Miss?"

"G-Gah!"I jumped in surprise upon the feeling of someone tugging my short dress from downwards, and Rickard Ellington Conway immediately let go of me, as I stumbled some steps back to eye the culprit of the whole interruption.

It was a young girl, probably five or four years-old, blonde locks, and a pair of chocolate eyes. Her chubby cheeks were truly alluring.

Although I was supposed to be angry because of her interruption, I couldn't. Her innocent look was beyond me.

I glanced at Mr. Ellington, and grimaced instead of the little one. He was eying her with a glare which was below the temperature in freezing Antarctica.

Weird though, his mood wasn't so grim some moments ago.

The little shiny-locks shifted uncomfortably at that, and placed her hands at the pit of her stomach, just some centimetres above her, um, well, womanhood.

She pressed both her hands there, and wiggled with a desperate expression.

"I-I need to pee!"

My jaw's shattering over the ground might've been heard, and Mr. Ellington's glare froze completely, as he stiffened.

I smiled nervously at her, "A-And?"

Wow, well, at least something to fill up the seven minutes...

No, Char, that's not what you want, is it? A little voice whispered from the back of my head.

At that moment, a woman emerged from the inside of the crowd, a desperate and worried expression crossing her face, "Diana! Diana! Oh dear, how many times do I have to say it! Stay besi─"

"Mommy, I wanted to pee!" the little girl exclaimed, as the elder woman approached us, held the little girl by her hand, and dragged her away.

Wow. No worries about your daughter's interruption.

"You could've told me!" I could hear the mother's faint voice from away, as I turned to look at Mr. Ellington again, a flush over my face.

"I-I..." words didn't come out.