Chapter 11: To Get a Confession

Hello loves, please, if you enjoy our story don't forget to VOTE!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We reached our destined table, as the two guys occupying it stood up to greet us.

One of them was Harvey, I had never really met him before, but I recognized him from the images Katy showed me on her phone. He was tall, with shoulder−length hair, and brown captive eyes. Personally, I didn't find guys with long hair exactly my type, but I'll give it to this Harvey fellow, he is hot!

I figured the other guy must be Jack, as Katy named him when she told me about the double date.

Jack was a cutie, not exactly the bulky and muscular dude, but had a boyish grin and a lean figure. 

Unlike a certain figure you'd been observing for a while, huh?

I slapped myself mentally. Excuse me?

I successfully managed to knock the thought about Rickard Ellington Conway's figure away from my mind, as I smiled a bit shyly at the men on the table. 

Katherine directly took her place next to Harvey, winking at me to sit next to Jack.

I tried my best to keep up with the very brief conversation that went on, before Katy turned to Harvey and you know... forgot about me. The waiters then served us food that was to the guys' taste.

I looked before me, and saw a plate of crab placed neatly in some sauce with parsley sprinkled over it and other vegetables decorating it. I grimaced.

Well, I might've said the plate was quite appealing and inviting, had seafood not been my favourite. I ate fish occasionally because it was mom's favorite type of food, but would never touch a plate containing any other types of sea habitants, be it crabs, shrimps, octopus, etc... Honestly now, I felt my stomach shiver just when I looked at them!

And so, I kinda started getting the vibe this date was definitely not going to be much memorable for me.

Even when eating, the Jack person beside me did not seem to have any knowledge of table manners or such, he spoke non-stop, and acted overly friendly with the overly shy me! I tried to get along, but... but!

"So Charlotte, was it? The last time I met a woman with such a name, we had some 'good' time together. Want to have some good time after we finish dinner? You see, your friend is going to head with Harvey somewhere when we're done here, that would leave us with some privacy!" He wiggled his eyebrows at me in what he hoped would be a seductive manner, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, but I have work tomorrow, and I must head home early." I stated firmly.

"Urgh, lame!" He smirked at me. "Come on, it's just some extra fun hours!"

I pursed my lips, rudely turning away from him. He was starting to get annoying.

Katy shifted from before us at this, frowning at Jack. "Hey Jacky, stop bullying Charlotte, okay?" 

Oh thank you very much! As if that's the only thing that was annoying me! Everything about this double date was annoying, if I think of it. My dress was kind of uncomfortable to sit with, for it showed a considerable amount of my flesh, and ─ oh well, some looks that you receive at times from guys could be creepy. To add more, the smell of seafood was nauseating, I could feel my stomach hurting. And now this Jack fellow. 

Atop of all of this, the fact that I was genuinely not interested in the idea behind the outing. It wasn't some friends outing, no. It was one which I knew what it could hint judging by its name. And considering I didn't want to fall in love, then the only motive I could come to the outing with was technically fooling around.