Chapter 19: Miss Secretary

Yo, Lovelies, don't forget to vote&support if you love our story!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I started marching through the hall where Rickard Ellington Conway and Leonard Beards had headed.

The hall branched into many corridors, turns, and destinations.

I did not know much about the hospital directions, so I tried following my intuition and predicting which way might lead to them.

At times I had to stop for half a minute, even a minute because there was an emergency entry or such, and at others I'd stop to take a look around through the crowd of people in a vain attempt to catch sight of my ex-employer and the vice-president.

After about seven minutes of turning and marching, I caught glimpse of a very familiar golden head before me.

"Mr. Leonard!" I called out.

He directly turned, and smiled. "Miss Kitten! What's the matter?"

I approached him, as I noticed the president was not with him, "Where's Mr. Ellington?" I asked desperately.

He blinked, "Rickard? He went ahead, while I remained to finish some papers here for Stevens' and your insurance here. He should have reached the parking by now!" He explained, gently, as he threw me a million-dollar smile.

"I-I see... Then, I probably won't be able to catch up with him... no?" I stated dejectedly.

My heart tugged. Just what am I thinking ─maybe he was headed to start working with his new private secretary, it's not like he'll be waiting you, Charlotte!!

My eyes watered. Yes, of course he's gotten himself a new secretary, one that does not argue with him and isn't childish ─the utter opposite of me, you could say.

Mr. Leonard seemed to have noticed my low spirit, for he gently nudged a passing young nurse on the shoulder, and she directly smiled at his handsome and captive looks.

Leaning to whisper something in her ear, the nurse blushed.

T-The devil! What did he tell her?!

He then turned towards me, "Would you be so kind as to guide my friend here to the employees' departure elevator, which reaches directly to the parking, please?" His voice was seductively sweet, as the nurse turned towards me, and nodded.

"Sure, follow me!" She signaled at me.

"B-But..." I started to protest.

"I bet you should follow her, Miss Kitten!" The playful VP voiced, seductively gentle.

I don't know why, but I nodded, and started following her pace.

Before we took a turn, though, I was stopped by Leonard Beards' voice again.

"By the way, I have not called a new secretary yet, Miss Secretary!" He winked at me.

My expression brightened, as I smiled at him, then nodded and started running again. As if he had read my thoughts, what a man!

We reached the employees' elevator in no time; thankfully it was not crowded, considering the day just started ─I assumed.

The nurse nodded at me with a smile, as she pressed the under floor button.

I muttered a 'thank you', before the door completely closed and I started descending downwards.

In exactly a minute, I was standing at the entry of the parking of the hospital, and goodness! There was a huge number of cars!!