Chapter 14: Weird Things

Please♡ Just take a second to support our story by voting, thanks!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The unknown person did not utter anything, but simply kept silent.

He kept his hand for a minute, and I was too stunned to take any action, my whole body was stiff, and I was thinking what to do.

Then his little finger moved, his hand still on my eyes, to touch my mouth slowly. He softly caressed my lips, as if enjoying the moment.

I, for my part, was about to scream for help, until the moment I inhaled the person's scent. I directly recognized him.

What a service doggy.

I slowly lifted my hands to touch his hand that was on my face, signaling that he can let go, and that I knew who he is.

"J-Jaden?" I murmured, softly.

The hand, giving me back my eyesight, slowly lowered down to my other shoulder, as it turned me around. And thus, I was completely facing him now.

"You're still like the service doggy who distinguishes scents, huh, Cherry?" Jaden smirked at me.

Ugh, not you too!

And there's his childish playful mocking, and his ways to tease me. That part of him does not seem to have changed one bit.

"Hey! You acted like you don't know me when we met up there!" I snapped, really mad.

I was actually quite surprised he is behaving like before now, considering we have not seen each other since years!

He put a hand over his neck, as if he was nervous, "Well, it's my first day here, and I have not seen you since like, forever! Of course I'd be uncomfortable first! And plus, that president is truly something!"

He slowly pulled me from my shoulders into a tight hug, "I'm sorry I did not react fast." He patted my head, and played with my locks.

I hugged back softly, "Never mind. I'm glad you're doing well!"

He went silent for a moment, as if thinking of an answer.

"Yes." His voice came out low, and it seemed like he had something more than that to say, "I'm... fine." He finally finished.

I felt like he had something hidden, but then again, he might still be uncomfortable with me since we've not seen each other since a long time.

"Oh, I... I see." I managed delicately.

He let go slightly so he could see my face, "Hey, let's go grab something to eat, and we'll talk on the way, I'll take you home!" he voiced as he restored his boyish grin.

Before I could answer, I felt a concentrated stare shot at me by some person, I quickly looked behind me, but there was no one suspicious. Eerie.

"Charlotte? You okay?" Jaden patted my shoulder.

I turned around and nodded, as I heard the security greeting someone.

I looked again, and found Mr. Ellington standing before the security men, Mr. Leonard Beards by his side, flirting with a female secretary who apparently has finished working and was leaving just like me.

I frowned at the latter, what a flirt.

"Have a good day, president. We shall keep everything here under control." One of the well-built security men informed Mr. Ellington, and my attention turned towards him again.