Chapter 42: Further Danger

Vote-comment, we ♡ you!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Katy wasn't home when I entered, although I truly wished to find her, I couldn't.

Well, I know it's surely not her intention to leave me alone at such a time ──she doesn't even know what happened yet.

I first headed to the bathroom, where I got some band aids, and a disinfectant.

I quickly sanitized the few scratches over my neck, back from the room where Bard threw the drinking bottle, and it crashed beside my neck.

It tingled a bit, but somehow I managed it.

I then entered the kitchen, and headed towards the refrigerator to grab something to eat, I bet you can guess I didn't eat 'much' during the meeting.

On the door of the freezer, I was met by a sticky note stickered there.

'Call me when you come home to tell me deets, okay, you little ass?
Love,
your Kate *kisses*' ─said the note.

I smiled at myself as I read the note.

My Kate.

I grabbed a number of KitKat bars, and headed to the sitting room.

I threw my lazy body on a sofa, clutched my phone, and dialed my best friend's number fast.

It took her some seconds to answer, and I finally heard her cheerful tone.

"Hey Lottie!!!" once Katy started her sentence I pulled my phone a little far from my ear and chuckled.

"Every time I talk to you on the phone you start screaming, I want my ear okay, I really need it." I heard Katy laugh loudly at the other line, oh my, my best friend sounds really happy.

"I guess you are with Harvey, cupcake?"

She giggled, "Yup!" Katy popped the 'P' to sound more childish as usual, I rolled my eyes.

Well, that's Katy's playfulness for you even in my worst times!

Though, truth be said, my mood gloomed even more when she mentioned Harvey.

I disliked him.

I now was sure he most certainly isn't the cleanest British citizen.

My master's words and actions when it came to him... I could tell something was wrong.

Sarah and Mr. Leonard's reactions towards this particular subject gave it all away, yes, something was very wrong.

And yet no one would budge, no one would tell me anything. Ugh.

My thoughts wandered to my friend on the other side of the phone again.

"Ar-Are you coming home... today?"

Katy said in a sorry tone "Nope Lottie, I'm sorry baby, I will be home tomorrow honey bun, okay?"

I smiled at her cute nickname; my best friend is really creative when it comes to nicknames.

"So, how was your night?" She jumped into another topic.

Fear and uneasiness made their way to my heart as I remembered how my night was.

"Uh... N-Normal." I lied; I don't wish to worry her now.

There were some silent moments fr her side.

"Charlotte." Her voice finally came, and she pronounced my first name seriously, "You're lying?"

Her words felt like a knife stab my tear glands.