Chapter 6: I am the Private Secretary!

Vote please! It takes a second :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

We reached home that day, with my bright smile not flickering one bit the whole way there.

Katy smirked at me dirtily, "A certain someone seems very happy after receiving a call from a certain 'Pr-President Ellington'!" She said the 'President Ellington' in a way imitating my shivering and awkward voice when I answered him.

Ughh I can't help it. To think that The president would personally call me ─It's a marvel I found my voice to answer right!

"Katy, it−it's not that I am happy because he called me. It's just that I got the position, I did it!" I chirped.

"Yes, yes. Whatever you say bunny. Oh, speaking of which, let's hurry up and have a look at Mr. hot shot's interview. The interview that was in the magazine, which surprisingly, you bought the moment you saw his image!" Katy teased while wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I blushed. I couldn't deny that, but, what's wrong with buying a magazine that has an interview with my boss? There's nothing wrong, right? RIGHT?

"You don't have to answer that, Cherry! Or rather, I know you cannot answer!" Katy laughed.

"Can we just have a look now? Like, please Katherine!" I said in pleading tone.

"Ugh, I hate how you use this tone to make me do what you want. Fine, let's see what your new boss is like!"

.

.

.

We took our seats on the couch beside each other, the magazine in front of us, as we flipped the pages till we reached our page of interest.

Of course, several minutes were lost on nothing but each of us staring at his Godly looks, while examining each and every detail of his perfectly sculpted features.

After that, I started reading.

'The following section aims to give the readers of our magazine an insight into how the interview with Mr. Rickard Ellington Conway went, as spontaneously as possible.

(Q for question, RE for Rickard Ellington Conway)▪

Q: Now, shall we start?

RE: Go ahead.

Q: Okay! Allow me to start. What is your complete name, sir?

RE: Rickard Alexander Ellington Conway.

Q: Wow, such a long name. Now, to the second question. When did you start your business journey? Truth is, it's rare to see such a known businessman at such a young age!

RE: I started at the age of twenty two; the Ellington Company has topped the business world since it was found, eighty years ago, by my grandfather, the former Rickard Ellington Conway. What I have stated indicates that part of the reason behind my easy grip on the business world, goes to the already existing power of the company I currently control.

Q: I see, how modest of you. Well, moving to the next question. Do you enjoy your work?

RE: I do not find my work necessarily unpleasant. It is simply a mean to produce profit, profit which in turn expands my influence further as a business figure.

Q: Interesting indeed. Now if I may ask, who might you consider a friend of yours in the business field?

RE: I do not have the time to form such connections with people.