Chapter 45: The Last Meeting

Vote+comment♡ You're amazing!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I waited for no further words to be said.

I turned away from him, my untied hair fluttering in the air behind me, and stomped towards the exit of the corridor.

"Charlotte please wait─ " Sarah moved to follow me.

"Please don't follow me!" I increased my pace away from them, and I heard her stop.

I headed towards my office, entered it furiously, and headed to my desk.

I started gathering my stuff, tears escaping me from a moment to another, but I kept sniffling furiously until they stopped.

"Whew! I'm so done!" I sighed furiously.

"Goodbye my office! I'm sure you'll miss me more than my employer will!" I tried smiling at my sarcasm; instead, tears only welled into my eyes as I remembered him.

"The bastard..." I muttered, lowly.

"I don't even know why I'm so depressed!" I huffed," He never even showed me a smile! Damn him!"

Flashbacks of the past month of my work here came to my mind.

My first interview... My first meeting with Mr. Fordly, and my first day at the company... The incidents with Jaden... My competition with Emeralds... And even the few times I had with each and every employee here.

It has only been a month, and yet many things happened.

Tears came down into my face, and I sobbed.

Ugh. I don't want to leave.

No! You do, Charlotte! You've already had enough! My inner voice reminded.

I ignored it. It was right.

"You egoistic, self-centered, arrogant, haughty and indifferent idiot!" I sniffed at myself.

"You're the─ " I heard the door click open, without a knock or anything.

I blinked my tears, and turned.

The last person I expected to be standing on the door at this particular moment... Was actually the person standing on the door this particular moment.

─son of a bachelor. Continuing my words up there.

Rickard Alexander Ellington Conway.

Like a Greek God, he stood leaning on the door frame, hands folded before his muscular, well-taunted chest. His look had hit the maximum degrees of iciness, and he was fixing me with it.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, and wiped my tears unsurely.

"H-How unusual." I breathed, shivering, "I never thought you'd come to bid me goodbye yourself."

He kept his silence, but straightened, and entered the office.

I backed a step. Dang! Why?

I clutched my bag, and held it to my shoulder.

"W-Well, Farewe─"

"Non siete ancora finito ─You are not finished yet." his voice came out absolute, icicles dripped from the end of every word.

"Huh?" I gasped softly.

"I believe you heard me clearly, Signorina?"

I breathed lowly, and slowly shook my head.