Chapter 29: A Piece of my Mind

Don't forget to vote+comment to support, our loves!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•

The meeting finally came to an end, and I somehow breathed out in relief.

We stood up from our places as we prepared to leave.

Mr. Ellington was the first to head towards the door of the meeting room after he shook hands with the Grefford president, followed by an outraged Miss Emeralds Velton, who has not stopped shooting daggers at me with her green piercing eyes since I gave my answers concerning Mr. Grefford's special question for the both of us.

It was finally my turn to leave, I nodded at the elder president and his secretary with a polite smile, as I started heading towards the door.

"Miss Charlotte Thorne, hm?" I paused in place at the Grefford President's question in a gentle tone.

I turned towards him, gave him a small smile as I arced my gead. "Yes?"

Fixing me with a meaninngful smile, he eyed me intently. "I was against my daughter taking on the president position, although she has finished college, as I still felt it was too early for her." His smile continued to mellow as he seemed to be thinking about someone, probably his daughter whom he was talking about.

"Then again, I just realized some youngsters these days have quite a remarkable potential. If she can be like you, I bet she'll be better than me." He chuckled to himself.

A wide smile crossed my lips, and I flushed softly. He just praised me! In front of him. In front of Mr. Ellington! 

"Th-Thank you so much. I'm honoured to know I managed to change your viewl!" I blushed.

He just kept his warm smile in my direction at this. "If the Ellington president is to ever let go of you, you'll always be welcomed to my company, young lady. Keep that in mind." 

I chuckled, and then looked at Mr. Ellington for a moment, letting his eyes devour me sharply before I turned back to the Grefford President again.

"Well, your words fall in the right time, sir. The Grefford Company might have to welcome me today, if my president lets go of me, that is." I mused, playfully. 

From the deepest cores of the freezing South Pole, Mr. Ellington shot me a freezing glare, and my skin tingled under its intensity.

I just grinned at him, and then I turned to Mr. Grufford.

"Send my greetings to your daughter for me, sir. Have a nice day!." I nodded courteously, and then started following my president, who had exited the room without waiting for me.

On our way out, I could feel the tension in the air more than ever, Miss Velton had lost her cool façade and her chewing sound was louder than ever. As for the president, his stomping was even as usual, and he seemed lost in thoughts.

We reached his limousine, got in, and drove back to the company in silence.

******

Stepping out of the golden elevator into the golden floor, the president started heading into his office, and we started to follow him.

"You two head to your office, I'll be there soon to inform you of the results." Mr. Ellington didn't stop or turn as he stated firmly and calmly.

A shiver ran through my skin, and I felt my heart rate speed up... Goodness.

Miss Velton and I started moving towards our office, dark silence fogging the air around us.

We entered, and the bubblegum directly headed towards her desk. Angrily, she started gathering many items present on her desk. Her perfume, her lip gloss, her nail polish, and several others... She tossed them into her bag, as she cussed under her breath.