Chapter 9: I Want to Continue!

Vote please! It takes a second :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I... What are you doing here?" I finally managed to voice faintly between my sobs.

Silence.

Mr. Ellington did not answer me.

He stood there, with an imperial, towering height, not uttering anything; neither did he move a muscle.

He simply took in my miserable shape, slightly shaking hands, as well as my post-panic attack expression.

A minute, another minute, and another.

He said nothing, and fixed me with his weird, concentrated stare.

It was not his usual stare, oh it was his hard and cold one alright... but it certainly was not the usual -50°C freezing one.

I waited for him to say something... Anything! For example, why is he here?

I finally decided to speak again.

"Why... are you here?" My voice came out soft, mixed with a hint of rudeness, as I met his arrogant beads with my red, puffy, and pained eyes.

He continued to eye me, and said nothing.

My whole body was shivering, as I struggled to stand straight again.

"You know it's not fair!" I met his eyes, unsurely, "H-Harassers were not part of my job description! It-It's only my first day here, and... We didn't have except fifteen minutes for me to try and get all details about an enormous project that has been prepared for months now!!" 

He didn't comment at that, either.

But continued to fix me, as though were some laboratory rat.

"He... Wh-Who does he think he is? What right does he have to judge me like that?!" I clenched my fists.

He reached for his right hand wristwatch at this, clenching over it, slightly.

Then, like the gentleman he was, he turned around, as he started heading to my office's door to exit leaving me behind.

"Rimanis qui." —came his serene, collected and commanding voice, still not looking at me.

**Rimanis qui: Stay here.**

"Huh?" I blinked, not really getting what he'd commanded.

Hey, did I mention his Italian togue is so soothing?

I flushed at my own thoughts. What... did I just think?!

Before I could ponder any longer, my thoughts were cut off, by a certain collected, very tight voice.

"Stay here. I shall take care of the meeting." He ordered, arcing his head slightly as he eyed me. "Fordly is not as manageable as I thought for you in your first interview, apparently."

And he started moving, composedly.

Tap, tap, tap.

My heart sank at his revelation, and I bit my lips. Hard. 

I don't... want this...

As though hearing my thoughts, the fooststeps some feet away suddenly... halted. 

And the almighty Rickard Ellington glanced in my direction at this as he froze his look.

"A generous reminder though, Miss Thorne." His voice fell like lightning on my ears, and he was dead serious... Though wait a minute, did he just say my name?