Chapter 48: The Rain Before the Storm

Vote+Comment! We♡You!

**P.S. For this chapter especially, we advice you to listen/not watch, to a youtube video called: Fairy Tail Sad Songs! It's 24:11 mins long, so you probably won't continue it till the end, and it's only anime soundtracks, but we were listening to them while writing this!

Okay, no more wasting time, on to reading ;)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up to the annoying beeping sound of my alarm, and desperately shifted my body in my attempt to escape my bed's soft arms.

I failed at first, my body had enjoyed my 'night' with my bed pretty much, and refused to leave its arms this early it seems.

Sorry, my body, but we gotta move baby.

I contracted as much muscles in my body as much as I could, and moved it.

I got off the bed, and headed to the bathroom to do my morning chores.
.

.

.

Fifteen minutes later, I exited the bathroom washed, and fresh.

I dressed up, and headed towards the kitchen.

Katy's still not home. For two days now.

I sighed, I couldn't call her yesterday considering my eventful day, but I expected her to call. She didn't.

I'm worried.

I dialed her number, and waited.

A whole minute of calling passed, and my best friend answered not. Damn!

I tried dialing again, but this time she cut my call off.

Okay, that's rude! What's with her?

I huffed, and turned to prepare my hot chocolate.

I'll call her again on my way to work.

A minute later, my phone buzzed with a message received.

I almost crashed the hot chocolate cup in my hand.

God! A message! A-A message! Could it be from... him? Like yesterday?!

G-Gosh!

I quickly washed my hands on the sink, and then went to grab my phone.

Wait a minute, why am I so excited if it's him messaging me?

You're probably expecting him to increase your wages, yes! That's probably it, Charlotte! My inner voice explained.

I nodded at myself, yes, you're right.

I unlocked my phone, and checked the message.

Holy crap. Wrong guess.

The message was not from Mr. Ellington.

The message was from... Katy?

Why would she be sending me a message? That's so unlike her! At worst cases, she always calls no matter how short the thing she wants to say is. She dislikes text messages!

'I'll call you later today.' ─was all what's written in the message.

I blinked at it.

Huh?

That's so not... So not Katy basically!

I sighed, and eyed the hour.