Chapter 23: I'll Wreck You!

If you love our story, lovelies! Don't forget to vote and support!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We were both gaping at him ─neither of us able to force anything out of her lips.

He was silent, as if he did not have any further business talk to speak, and refused to waste his words on unnecessary inquisitions where he asks if I was still alive after what he said five minutes ago, whether the percentage of Adrenaline was still normal in my body, or if my emotional state was doing fine, or even whether my criminal hormones have reacted and started planning to strangle him.

He said nothing.

The woman beside me −Miss Emeralds Velton− was in a not so different state than mine.

She seemed as if she was forced to swallow an unpeeled cactus fruit, and have her throat full of thorns.

She cleared her throat, and tried to speak, but nothing came out. Sticky thorns! She cleared it again, and this time it worked.

"This seems like a test, Mr. Ellington. What will happen to the other in case she does not p-pass?" Her voice, for the first time, was uncertain, and a bit strangled.

He eyed her, coolly. "She will betransferred to another branch, or possibly given a lower position than my private secretary." His eyes then, for a split of second, snapped in my direction, darkening by a fold. "She might even be fully dismissed if she performs rather poorly, who knows?"

My eyes widened slightly, and I gulped. Hey! Wh-Why was he looking at me as he said that?!

I tightened my fists, pursing my lips as I gulped, attempting to swallow my tears back. 

Fixing my eyes into his, he held my gaze, without flinching not for a second, as though testing my reaction. 

But then he turned his head nonchalantly, and called, not so loudly, but firmly.

"Alpha!"

Four men, 6'5 ft. each, appeared at the door.

Wait. Alpha?

"What?" I couldn't help but exclaim.

"The given name for the security squad present in the Golden Floor." He explained, dispassionately. He didn't even bother turn around to eye me when he spoke. How polite of him!

Dang! Now that I think of it, I never knew there was a security squad here!

Though, logically speaking, who would even dare approach a man like Rickard Ellington Conway ─let alone try to lay a finger on him?

His very friendly aura was certainly uninviting.

I looked at his height and well-build body, the bodyguards here must be bored with their job, he really requires no protection!

"Yessir!" One of them spoke.

"Bring the 'furniture' needed for both secretaries to start out their work." He commanded coldly.

I shivered, and truthfully I couldn't tell what he's thinking. The hell?

What does he plan for us ─for me?

He really plans to knock me off; he'd surely prefer someone like her, after all, of course!

I frowned, as I eyed her beautiful figure, seductively hugged by a very short skirt, and an opened shirt which revealed her womanly chest.

Her hair was not as long as mine, ginger red. Her lips were pretty pouty, and she had taken another gum, apparently, for she had started chewing again.