Chapter 16: I don't want to lose you

Hope you enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to VOTE♡
~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I stood in my place, frozen.

Helpless.

'If you follow him right now, you can consider yourself dismissed with him.'

The unflinching threat of President R.E.C. echoed through my senses.

And I gulped.

From before me, his majesty Ellington turned gracefully, as he started walking slowly in his royal office's direction.

"Rickard! What the heck are you saying? You can't just fire her! She has merely been here for a month! Are you serious??" Mr. Leonard's voice was filled with disbelief, and obvious fury.

The even sound of the steps of Mr. Ellington's marching did not stop; he didn't seem to mind Mr. Leonard's questionings.

I gulped, my heart aching.

The heck do I do now?

I bit my lips, squeezing my thoughts.

Luckily, Jaden took the employee departure elevator. Though there was one point to my advantage: Jaden has to stop by every floor for the elevator to hold employees who wanted to descend to the departure floor too.

And thus, I have a considerable chance to catch up with him; by taking the stairs ─if I don't die on them because I was not exactly your sportive fellow, that is.

Well, the true problem was that I did not know what to do.

Some might find it silly, Jaden practically was behaving like a jerk today, I know.

But, I personally think that true friendship is all about spotting the little light that is still present in your fellow, despite all the darkness that might've been built inside him through years.

It might seem ridiculous and illogical, but life is not that easy. Letting go of people is hard, it's not something people can do every day and stay perfectly fine. Humans are fragile enough sometimes to keep on holding onto people until the last moment. That's how life and bonds sustain. It's all about holding onto the other when he lets go ─at hardships, that is.

And one thing I know for sure; I don't plan on letting go.

Not when I had clearly been saying some dark and mysterious essence of loneliness in his eyes all along.

He was not okay. I knew that.

And I couldn't just let him be...

I couldn't let him just leave... Like dad.

I knew he'd only been back for just two weeks, and yet...

They weren't any two weeks.

They were among the weeks where I needed people after all what's been going through my life.

I needed to have people beside me.

People who... I felt genuinely comfortable and happy around...

A series of flashbacks of our silly and childish memories made during the past two weeks shot to my mind.

And I gulped.

I couldn't let go now.

But if I don't...

It's... over here, right?