Chapter 53: Dawn

Vote+comment! Enjoy the dawn!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I've always been a good fellow.

I was not exactly a religious monk, but I could tell I was a dude who distinguished right from wrong, and good from bad.

For twenty-two years of my peaceful life, I've always avoided getting into trouble.

I disliked violence.

I disliked witnessing pain.

I was ever known for being the studious, friendly fellow with a cheerful smile plastered to her normal looking, freckle-printed face.

I never had a heart to hurt a thing.

And I've forever been as cowardly as one might imagine.

Recently enough though, that has changed a bit... tragically?

In the past three months of my life, my peaceful pace in life seemed to have been disturbed without me even noticing.

I left my home three months ago, and moved to live independently with my best friend.

Then in the past month, and after two weeks of starting to work for one of the most powerful men through the United Kingdom ─Rickard Ellington Conway, I followed my childhood friend into the southern ends of the city, and was cornered by a group of drunkards, and drug-dealers, and was almost done for after my stubborn stand before them.

Days after, I spent a week or so, battling fiercely against a devious young secretary for the sake of keeping my post.

Even later, I passed a couple of very hard days of my life, as I was targeted by one of the most powerful women through London, Paris Fiore, and ended up reaching the point as to slap her shamelessly.

And now there's this.

Here I am, with a gun pointed right at my head.

Harveston stood a foot or so before me, his gun aimed right at me.

I looked at him with puffy, uncertain eyes, and my breath heaved.

His eyes held no mercy, he was quite sure.

His finger slowly slid to the trigger.

He caressed it teasingly.

I shut my eyes closed, and inhaled then exhaled.

God, I chose this.

I won't back away now.

I holy damn won't.

"Remember," he voiced without any compassion, "You chose this, you worthless woman."

I cried silently, and didn't look at him, my eyes still shut.

"Any final words?"

I wanna pee.

Holy Char, corpses don't care about peeing, so just ignore the silly final desire of yours. My inner voice scolded.

Yes, I guess you're right. Then, what might my final wish be?

"Think of some epic final wish, dear Charlotte." Harveston snorted.

Hmm, I guess I want mom and Theo to be safe... And Katy... And Sarah... And...

I suddenly heard panicked steps approach from the stairs side of the floor.

I didn't even care to look. I kept my eyes closed as silent tears escaped them, and awaited for the burning feeling of the shot grind through my skin.