Issue #28 Back Porch...a Supernatural TLN Series

That night, underneath the covers I slept, and dreamt of the beach again. I heard footprints across the sand. It was the daemon. She came to meet me once more. Crowds of people were around me now, but they were all blurry.

I saw buildings this time, food stands and seagulls. This had been the most detailed vision, I took in all of it; trying to remember. The russet wolf walked along side, me; her blue eyes soft, understanding. I had to know where I was. The glittering beach was now littered, the seagulls now stealing hotdogs instead of plucking fish out of the sea. This reminded me of an old book I had once read, which said the world had moved on. I was beginning to believe it.

Woman ran around in bikinis, men surfed the waves. A boy bought a hot dog at a concession stand.  It was a classic sunny day on the beach. I could taste the sea salt on my tongue, I could also smell deep fried oil and fish. I wrinkled my nose, never liking fish or any seafood, even if I happened to grow up around the Great Lakes.

There was a porch with rows upon rows of chairs on a dark wood floor, That was when I realized it was a dining area called The Back Porch. I looked the glowing sign with curiosity, and it declared it was Destin’s Original Seafood and Oyster House.

The nausea hit me, and the waves seized to splash along the shore. Instantly I became hot and overwhelmed. I opened my eyes to the hotel room, dashed to the bathroom. Dean turned around as he was washing his hands for me to shove past him, hurling in the toilet. He raised his eyebrows.

 “You alright?”

It took a moment, I nodded slowly afraid I might lose it again.

“You know,” Dean replied casually, “It’s probably a good thing that you don’t drink, ‘cause you’d have the whole hangover thing down,” He patted me on the shoulder, and walked out. I groaned bitterly. I hated it when he was right.

After I had been cleaned up, mouthwash and all; I walked out to the room. Sam was on the laptop.  

“Hey you gotta move over.” I said, he just kept on typing. “Sam, I need your computer.”

 He raised his eyebrows and looked at me, “For what?”

“I need to look something up.” I sat down and began clicking vigorously on the keyboard. After a few moments, I paused. I was surprised I even found it. Glowing sign and all.

"What are you looking at?” Dean asked.

I turned the lap top towards him.

“Our next road trip,”