Issue #21: Blue...a Supernatural TLN Series

Dean came back to the hotel, he’d bought some pain meds. I could have hugged him if I wasn’t throwing up. I took some meds and laid down. Later that afternoon I woke with a dulling headache and Sam and Dean packing up their bags, again.

“Where are we going?” I sat up, trying to tame my messy hair.

“Back to Bobby’s.” Sam answered, “We’re done here, and until we get another case—”

“We’ll go raid Bobby’s beer,” Dean chuckled. “But first we’re stopping for lunch, you hungry? We can go grab food at a bar then come back for you if you want.”

I shook my head, “No, I’ll go with, I think I can eat.”

While getting into the car, I made a confession, “I don’t think I can ever go home,”

Dean looked over his shoulder as he turned around a bend, “What makes you say that?”

“Well remember when you guys told me about Maria Williams and the prints matched, but when the cops called to notify them they said she was up in her room studying. What’s to say that won’t happen to me?”

“What are you trying to say?” Sam asked,

“I think there’s another version of me, probably she’s at home taking a nap or something. But Balthazar said he liked Interlopers because they are easy for traveling between worlds.”

“So you think you’re from another world.” Dean said and Sam raised his eyebrows.

“Well, yeah;” I said lamely, “But not like Mars or something. Just a different place, that’s almost exactly like here but it’s not.”

Sam shook his head, but continued saying, “ Well, I guess it’s possible. Remember the place where they actually had a show called Supernatural?”

Dean nodded, “Yeah, and no thanks to us the whole cast got killed.”

“Yeah,” Sam speculated, “But it must’ve not been from her world because Balthazar was able to take her here so easily and he was able to use his powers.”

“So your world didn’t have a show called Supernatural?” Dean asked.

I shook my head, “Not that I know of.”

“What about books? Even our world has the books on us.”
“That must be weird.” I answered.

“It is,” They answered in unison.

“Can I just point out how creepy it is when you guys answer at the same time?”

“Gladly,” Dean scoffed, “That Becky chick thought it was hot.” Then he nudged Sam teasingly, “But that wasn’t the only thing she thought was hot, am I right Sammy?”

Sam turned a shade of red, “Don’t even go there Dean. I’m just glad her and Chuck didn’t work out.”

“But if she found out that you were still up for grabs she’d be all over you!” Dean chuckled.

I listened with interest, “You’ll have to tell me more about this later,” I zipped my bag shut. “But let’s go get something to eat I guess.”

The restaurant we stopped at was so crowded we ended up at the bar.  A girl sat around the corner, she was all whored up. Bright red lipstick, extra tanned skin, and even breast implants. I saw that she had her eyes set on Dean and Sam soon as we walked through the door. She looked at me with some kind of odd resentment, like she’d kill me if she could.

We ordered our food, and soon as we were served we began to eat. I wasn’t very hungry after earlier that morning, but I still ate a little bit, off my plate and passed the rest to Dean.

Sam looked at me offended, “What made you so sure I didn’t want that?”

“Sorry,” I mused, “Dean’s just a pig sometimes, I thought he’d enjoy it more.”

We watched him eat the rest of my burger in grotesque performance. I thought I might lose my lunch again; especially after the girl walked up and plopped down next to Dean. She grinned and tucked her hair behind her ears flirtingly.

He looked at her, with brief interest, then continued stuffing his face. I held back a small laugh.

“So,” She looked at Dean then down at Sam. “Are either of you boys going to buy me a drink?”

Sam scoffed, “Are you going to buy me one?”

She wrinkled her nose in distaste, “No, of course not.”
I replied casually, “Then there’s your answer.”

She glared at me then looked at Dean, “Are you as big of a jerk as that man there?”

“No,” I implied, “He’s worse.” Dean nodded in agreement, as he had a mouthful of bread and lettuce in his mouth.
The girl harrumphed and strutted over to a table of geeky-looking guys. I almost felt bad for them.

“Well,” I sighed. “That’s 30 seconds of my life that I’ll never get back.”

I saw Sam smiling, “What?” I asked curiously.

“I thought she’d leave us alone with you here.”

“Nah,” I replied, “She probably thought we were cousins. You know, with the brown hair…”

“Blue eyes,” Sam finished. I blushed.