Issue #26 Psychofrenic Psycho...a Supernatural TLN Series

I woke up a half hour later with a bruised head and purring. I opened my eyes. There on my stomach was a little striped kitten, purring contently. I went and scratched its ear. It opened its bright green eyes and squeaked when I did so. I was never a big cat person, but I am always a sucker for babies.

I picked the kitten up and sat it on the floor. Then I tried to sit up slowly.

“Easy,” Sam warned as I came to a full sit up.

I groaned, “Crap, did I hit my head too?”

“Here,” Dean tossed a frozen package of peas. I caught it and let it rest on the back of my head. I saw Becky sitting in the corner pouting at the computer desk.

“So, what did I miss when I was walking down the yellow brick road?”

 First Sam asked, “Did you have another vision?” I shook my head painfully.

“Nothing, I think I just passed out because of him,” God, I passed out because of God. “So what? Is it going to be like this every time I see him?” A concussion and unconsciousness; something to look forward to.

“I doubt it,” Dean answered, “I just think he was being a d*ck.”

“So,” I asked again, “What’d I miss?”

“Chuck is dead,” Becky said bitterly.

Sam’s eyes locked on mine, “Apparently, the angels were done with him.”

I frowned at this. “Well what do we do now?”

Becky stood up, “It’s obvious isn’t it? You guys go back to a normal life, and you,” She gave me a dark look. “you go back to whatever purgatory you climbed out of.”

“Michigan?” I questioned and she glared at me.

“We need her,” Sam replied and I had Dean’s hand on my shoulder; my back up. 

Becky gave a dirty look, “What would you need her for!?” She spat, “You remember what happened with Ruby don’t you?”

Me, having read the books; was infuriated that she’d compare me to Ruby. I threw the frozen peas aside as I stood up angrily.

“That’s it!” I snapped, “I’m not like her, and I’m not like you! And I’m not even a demon!!! So lay off unless you have something helpful to say!” I was so angry; I could feel the daemon inside me. The hair on her back bristling in rage.

She gasped, “Oh my god….your eyes.” I caught my reflection in a mirror. They were glowing lightning blue. I didn’t care about that though, I had to get out of there, before I punched the girl in the face.

“I’ll be outside.” I grumbled and made my way to the door. Soon as the screen door was slammed behind me, tears began streaming down my face. So many emotions flooded to the surface. Sadness, hate, and homesickness…

I walked to the car, and ran my hand down the frame of the Impala, calming me down. You need to pull yourself together. I demanded of myself. No one can see you like this. I wiped the tears off my face, checking myself in the mirror; double checking to make sure it didn’t look like I had been crying.

That was when I heard the shouting inside. My attention turned to them. Dean and Sam were shouting angrily, I had never heard them like this before…

“What do you mean you published more books!?!” Dean furiously shouted.

Becky was pleading, “I did it to honor Sam when I thought he was gone forever.”

Sam spoke up, “Do I look honored!?”

 “Well, no…but it seemed like a good idea at the time!”

Dean threw the screen door open, traipsing down the stairs. “Let’s not waste any more time here Sammy.”

I got into the car. “What’s going on?”

“Tell you about it later.” Sam said getting into the Impala.

Dean started the car. Becky was chasing them out of the house, “SAM—SAM I—”

Dean turned on the radio as high as it could go.  ACDC screamed…
NO STOPS SIGNS

NO SPEED LIMITS

NOTHINGS GONNA SLOW US DOWN!!

The impala purred as we drove away from Chuck’s house. I saw Becky standing out in the street. I smirked and waved her goodbye. She gave me the finger in return, and we parted our separate ways.

Hours later, Becky was in the room alone. She ran her hands across the new book. Swan Song, was the very last one. That had been her downfall, she had left it out in the open, forgetting to put it away. She had been re-reading it, crying over Sam being dropped into the pit. That was before she knew he was alive. Becky’s eyes darkened and she threw the book in the trash, part of her wishing that Sam had stayed in hell, and the other part of her knowing that she’d be digging it out of the trash an hour later.

This was her fault, Hope’s. She comes in, a manipulative monster. She probably even faked collapsing. She stole Sam; Becky refrained from screaming in frustration. She hated her.

 One thing she had learned in all of the Supernatural books was monsters were dangerous. They were evil, they needed to be killed.

And all she had to do was find the right person to do it.