Issue #3 Absolved...a Supernatural TLN Series

Part of me wanted to kill him, but there was definitely increased chance he could kill me.

 The conversation was odd, I kept playing it back in my head. He was an angel, or so he said. He called them Winchesters, and I was supposed to help them. I didn’t know who they were or how exactly I was going to find them, but he was sure I could do it. Apparently there had been others, but they died. That never eased my mind, especially as I walked in the darkness that night.

 I was chilled by the breeze, but the temperature was rather warm. Still, as I traveled through the brush and thistles my bare feet got scraped and torn. The least he could have done is brought me a pair of sneakers if I was going to die in this place. He hadn’t said that, but it certainly felt like it.

 A question asked by every kidnapped “Why me?” I had asked that as well.

 “There are some that can travel easily between worlds, they’re called the Pure Ones, but frankly they are too stuck up to leave their world. Then there are people like you. Interlopers, it makes it so much simpler to bring you to this world for me than other people, other humans waste my energy…”the way he said ‘humans’ was demeaning “and by wasting my energy it makes me a target.”

 “If there others like me then why not chose someone more prepared?”

 “I did Love muffin, and they all made stupid mistakes before even getting to the Winchesters. I needed cleverness, but that one died too. So here I have found someone clever again. What to do, I know, how would you like to be blessed by a gift?”

 Before I did anything he grabbed me by the shoulders and kissed me. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by power and light…maybe he was an angel. Maybe, but that didn’t give him the privilege. My body was energized by adrenaline and the spur of the moment. I pushed him away…my neck glowing softly and my tongue feeling like honey.

 “What did you just do to me!?” I growled angrily.

 “Call it touched by an angel.” He smirked, “Now you have abilities that could easily be misinterpreted. Now head that way.” He directed west. “You’ll find them and lead them to the Anti-Christ.”

 That wasn’t a good sign. “No! Why would I do that?”

 He was gone when I blinked.

 I wondered to myself why I was heading west anyways. To lead me to something as equally bad as the devil? Maybe it was hope to find civilization. Leaves crunched under my feet and my leg scrapped a glass bottle. Well, I must be getting closer. The blood swelled and ran down my leg, it wasn’t a deep cut, but it was painful enough.

 The sun was beginning to rise; my surroundings were more distinct and visible. How long had I been walking, maybe a couple hours, if I was lucky.

 What I wanted was food, sleep and some appropriate hiking clothes. At least I had clothes and underwear on, guess you might as well count your blessings.

 That word stirred something inside me…I quickened my pace.