Issue #6 Exorcist...a Supernatural TLN Series

“You know what we’re planning to do? Finish off a job, that’s what. You see little Dean, no one has officially killed you yet. You die, again and again, yet you come back. We figure being on bad speaking terms with God, we doubt you’ll come back again. ”

Dean began chanting Latin, an exorcism. The Amazon’s eyes narrowed and Dean began to choke as his windpipe was grasped tightly by the air.

“DEAN!!!” I heard yelling from around the corner, so he could hear how awful it sounded too. That sickening gasp as he tries to inhale air that wouldn’t get to his lungs in time. I remembered what Balthazar said only hours ago, “you have abilities that could easily be misinterpreted.” Oh God, I prayed these abilities wouldn’t get me killed.

Part of me felt like I was dead anyways, I served no purpose in this place. I had a purpose at home; here I had nothing, not even a pair of shoes. I slunk forward and picked up the knife. In my head I could hear my conscious, Thou shall not kill, thou shall not kill….

The woman was too busy to notice me from behind. Each silent footstep I took was agonizing, like a single squeak of my ‘new’ sneakers would get me killed. I wished I was still barefoot.

The man…Dean was no longer moving, his eyes closed, his face turning blue. Still the woman persisted, to clench his throat threw air. I stabbed her in the shoulder hoping to only seriously hurt her. She screamed in agony, her body glowed red and her eyes red as she dropped to the ground, bleeding. She actually had glowed, that shook me scared as I dropped to the man and began slapping the man’s face—at first tappingbut then a lot harder—the most frantic and unreliable thing to do, what this guy needed was CPR. I got certified a couple months ago, but I wasn’t thinking and just kept slapping the guy senseless.

His eyes fluttered open, and he started gasping for air again. This time he would get it. I breathed a sigh of relief.

A screech filled the air, the only way I can describe it was if a bird was dying. “JENNIFER!!! JENNIFER!!!” A woman’s voice hollered. “This is your fault!!!” A cry of pain came from somewhere else.

The guy in front of me cried frantically, “Sam!?” There was no response. He looked directly at me, his eyes burning into mine.

“The knife, where is it, go get it!” I turned around and pulled it out of the woman. He stood up shaking, grabbing the knife from my hand he ran towards the screeching. I looked at the waitress lying on the ground uneasily, and followed.

This guy was pinned against a brick wall. Blood ran down his sides from a blade. They weren't verydeep cuts, butslow and painful enough to have a person begging on his knees. The stranger in front of me threw the blade, his hands weren’t steady enough and it landed in her arm. I winced as it sank down, probably to the bone. Startled, the woman lost her concentration and the man fell to the ground. His head struck a pipe as he fell, knocking him out cold.

The woman ripped the blade out of her arm as Dean began chanting…the language sounded old, ancient. She angrily grabbed the knife and threw it, her aim was off and it clattered to the floor. She began shaking and her body trembled. She grabbed another knife, but this time from her red waitress apron. It was a steak knife. As she pitched it and I dodged, Still the blade struck my upper left shoulder with a hiss. The pain was hot and evil as the silver cut into my skin and burned it like it was on fire. I gripped the blade and chucked it onto the ground. The cut was deep and the blood swelling.

The chant was done, and black smoke erupted from her body. The body collapsed, like an empty shell onto the ground. Now all was quiet, except me swearing as more blood sputtered onto the ground, painting the cement red.

Dean grabbed his brother’s arm and lifted him up onto his right shoulder. I cupped my hand around my shoulder and asked him, “Is he still breathing?” The stranger looked at me with his speculating blue eyes and nodded.

“You okay?” He asked, his eyes flick to myshoulder and the blood sputtering out of it.

I pressed against it painfully. “I’m alive.” I admitted. “We need to get to a hospital,”

“No,” The stranger shook his head, “There might be others there.”

That frightened me, “There’s more like them?”

“Haven’t you ever heard of a demon before? Now I don’t have time to explain “they exist” crap, but can you help me get to the car?”
I nodded feebly and stumbled towards him. I caught myself onto a ladder and pulled myself back up.I shuddered, nausea getting to me. Blood one, Hope none.

“Maybe I better get it. Dean said and grabbed my right arm to steady myself. I forced myself to walk, though it would have been so much easier to faint, to dream and no longer worry about my blood.

We stumbled out to a Chevy Impala, a solid black color. It reminded me of a knight. I held the door open so he could lay his brother into the back seat.

I jumped into the passenger seat, and after that the rest of the ride was a fuzzy haze.