Issue #9 Research...a Supernatural TLN Series

We sat at the table, me scarfing down a sandwich like a hungry, hungry hippo. Who said ladies had to be polite? They were eating their own food, exchanging awkward glances as I sat there practically having the best sandwich I think I’ve ever had.

 “So…” Sam began, “Where are you from?”

 I stopped inhaling to give an answer. “Michigan.”

 “Michigan?” Dean scoffed, he too had stopped eating “What in the hell are you doing here?”

 “I don’t know really,” I admitted, “I guess it just happened, one moment I was there and now I’m here.”

 Sam leaned forward, “Are you being literal?”

 I turned shades of red, how was I supposed to tell these guys I was looking for people to take to the Anti-Christ? “Umm…”

 “She vague enough for you Sammy?” Dean smirked, though part of him was on edge from some of her answers.

 I apologized, “I’m sorry, but vague? Isn’t that a little harsh? I mean—I don’t exactly know you guys—and I’m not even sure if everything that happened this morning was real or if I imagined all some of it.”

 The older man called Bobby narrowed his eyes, “That pain ain’t real enough for ya?”

 I blushed, feeling stupid, “Well yeah, it hurts like hell, but what exactly happened? There were people that were throwing you guys against walls, with their freakin’ mind! Sorry for being a bit skeptic, but I wanna make sure I actually saw what I thought I saw!”

 Sam cleared his throat, “Well, you did, but they weren’t exactly people. They control people…but they’re not people.”

 “They were demons, then?” He raised his eyebrow to my answer,

 “Yeah, I already told you that.” Dean said, setting down his sandwich.

 “Well, I was making sure I wasn’t hallucinating from blood loss.”

 “You didn’t,” Sam informed, “They are real, all of the monsters that you can think of. Ghosts, demons, the devil—”

 I asked carefully. “Angels?” He nodded. Damn, I thought in the back of my mind. This was all really happening.

 Dean put his opinion in, “They’re d*cks though.”

 I poured some water in a glass, “I can believe that.”

 Confusion-that’s what I just created, Sam looked at me, “What makes you say that?”

 “Well,” I casually answered, “Can’t imagine they’re all perfect.”

 “That’s a damn understatement,” Bobby agreed, “So where were you staying?”

 I sat there, looking uncomfortably at my food. “Well, I guess literally would be the right word, I was at home, at four this morning, but now I’m here.”

 “How’d that happen?”

 “Well I went into the kitchen and there was a stranger in there. He snuck up on me and next thing I know…I’m in the woods.” They were all silent waiting for more. “He tells me I’m special, that I can do things others can’t then he points and tells me to head into town and poof he’s gone.”

 “And you listened to him?” Dean loathed, “That son-of-a-b*tch kidnaps you tells you to go into a demon infested town, and you head in that direction!?”

 Upset I snapped at him, “I didn’t know! I would have run the other way if I’d have known.”

 Soft eyes fell on mine, “Why didn’t you?” this was Sam, “Why didn’t you go the other way, and why did you bother to save us?”

 I scratched my arm uncomfortably, “I couldn’t just leave you guys there, and I heard him choking.” My eyes flicked to Dean, he looked away. “And it was just a sickening sound. All I thought about was how I was good as dead, especially if they saw me.” My eyes watered and I stared shamefully at the table, “I didn’t want to kill her, but she just wouldn’t stop.”

 Sam grabbed me by the hand and looked at me. “Then what happened?”

 “Well, I grabbed the knife that was laying on the ground, and I’m sure Dean can guess what happened after that.”

 “Sure, the welts on my face do all the talking when you slapped me.”

 “I’m sorry! I knew how to do CPR I just sorta forgot at that point!”

 Bobby chuckled and I realized how stupid that just sounded. “You’re alive aren’t you?” I snipped.

 “Alive and well,” Dean smirked and took a drink. “So do you have any ideas of how you’re special.”

 “I don’t exactly know everything…he called me an…interloper? Then he claimed he gave me powers that apparently can be misunderstood, though I don’t know what. Frankly I think he just felt like kissing me.” Dean choked back a snicker and Sam turned a few shades of red.

 “We have some research to do.” Sam stood up.