Issue #10 Interloper...a Supernatural TLN Series

He sat at his lap top; slowly his fingers clicked out the words…I-N-T-E-R-L-OP-E-R I peeked over his shoulder with interest.

Immediately he got 1,880,000 results. They were in books, in history; they were even in the dictionary. My guess was someone that wandered about a lot, did a lot of traveling and stuff. I wasn’t completely wrong.

Interlopers were people that interfered, meddled and traveled to places where they weren’t wanted or didn’t belong. I certainly didn’t belong here. Being tossed here like a bag of potatoes by an angel wasn’t very pleasant. I had skipped that part, but I’m sure they were suspicious. I had skipped a few things, but I felt it was better that way. They already got the main drift of things.
Part of me wanted to simply stay there, here I was with people that we had exchanged and saved lives. Plus, I bet I was safe with them if that Balthazar guy came back complaining just because I wasn’t doing what I was supposed to. They would probably put a bullet in him or something. Could they do that, could I? I killed a demon, but did I want to bring down an angel? Not really, but if angels were going to die I wanted it to be him.

I yawned, I was still woozy from earlier, “I think I’m going to bed.”

Sam closed his lap top, “Yeah, me too. I’ve still got a headache.” We turned to look at Dean, who was napping like a baby on the couch.

Sam wandered to the spare bedroom, probably forgetting that there was only one bedroom besides Bobby’s leaving me on the floor to sleep or the recliner, that was okay.

Going to get a glass of water before bed I was startled to see Bobby in the kitchen a small glass of Jack Daniel’s in his hand.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to spook ya.” He warmed the drink with his hands wrapped around the glass.

I puffed out a breath I had been holding in, “That’s okay, it’s your house.”

“You forget that sometimes when you have them running in and out all day and night.” He motioned to the living room where I heard a small snore from Dean, I gave a small smile.

“Yeah, I’m sure you do. They seem nice enough.”

His eyes met mine. “Yeah they do, and I don’t want anything happening to them either.”

A world of responsibility felt like it had been dropped on my shoulders, I didn’t know why, but suddenly I felt protective. “Me either, you know.”

He grunted, “Yeah I know, and that’s why I’m warning you ahead. If for some reason you’re here for selfish purposes you better leave now and not let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t give me “whadoya mean” shit.” He raised his voice slightly. “Dean saw that knife burn your skin like it was on fire.”

My eyes widened, “That really happened?” It had felt like it, but I thought I hallucinated the smoke, the smell.

“You’re damn right it happened,” He said quietly. “And around here that’s not usually a good sign.”

“So that’s my special ability then, to be smoked by a knife? Seems pretty useless you ask me.”

He shook his head, “That’s not your ability, it’s your weakness.”

I don’t know how I managed it, but I didn’t lose any sleep that night with the questions wrestling in my mind.