Issue #15 Chilled...a Supernatural TLN Series

That night I had a hard time sleeping. I lay on the floor of the motel room, Sam refused to let me sleep outside, but I refused to sleep on the bed. I figured once I fell asleep, they would be awake; they might as well be awake in a big comfy bed while I snored away. But I could not sleep.

I stood up and grabbed the spare keycard; I went outside into the cool crisp night. The card got me back inside, to where the lobby was. A diluted pitcher of lemonade sat on the counter, all of the ice melted. I poured myself a glass and stepped back outside.

I stood there leaning against the wall, sipping on lemonade in one hand and my keycard in the other, begging for some relief of pain and a good night’s sleep. That wasn’t going to happen here. I walked back to the room, got ready to open the door and then I heard rustling in the bushes. Don’t be a bear; please…don’t be a bear. I also thought of demons and angels, but the bear was just as frightening. The bear couldn’t be reasoned with.

A wolf stepped out of the trees, she had a soft looking brown coat and even in the night, I could see her glacier blue eyes. She stepped forward uneasily as I stood perfectly still. A wolf wasn’t much better than a bear. Then I noticed the blood swelling out of her left shoulder; she had been in a fight recently, as I had too. She was beautiful, her slender body walking towards me. I felt like we were in sync with each other. Could that even be possible? Days ago, I would have thought no, but these were different times and I was a different type of person. I was a killer now.

We were only a yard apart by this time.

I was thrown back into the wall, a cry of pain escaped my lips; the russet colored wolf yelped and ran. Demon was my first thought, but as I felt the cold creeping into my body—I knew it was not.

It was a ghost.

I began beating against the wall behind me, hoping to wake Sam or Dean.

“Dean! Sam!” I cried, but then my voice was cut off as the cold hand gripped my throat, pushing me tighter against the wall.

The figure was pale, dead. A teenager, he had blonde hair and a jocks jacket. Go Eagles was etched into the sleeve. I kept beating against the wall, pleadingly.

That was when he pushed against me harder, more aggressively as I felt the ice cold grab my hair and pull me tighter into the wall. It was then I understood he planned on doing more than killing me. The bast*rd.

Tears filled my eyes as I tried to fight back, but I wasn’t touching anything. I wouldn’t have felt him if it hadn’t been for the cold. Scratches began to trail from my ankles and began slowly working their way up. I cried in pain, and I heard an eerie howl in the night.

“HEY!” The monster turned towards the door. An iron bar was brought down onto it head. I fell onto the ground instantly.

Dean didn’t have to pick me back up; I was back on my feet, my eyes flashing. I took the gun which was filled with rock salt and I flipped the safety off. I was pissed, even if this gun would not kill the thing I still wanted to shoot it until I ran out of ammo.

It was gone though, and that infuriated me more.

“Do you think it’ll come back?” I growled.

Sam who was in the doorway shook his head. “Not tonight I think," He picked up the spare keycard off the ground.

Dean looked at it then immediately his eyes locked on mine. “Why did you go out?”