Issue #5 Brand New World...a Supernatural TLN Series

The sun had rose by the time I walked into town. There were small little houses with small little backyards. My feet, scrapped and torn wandered down the sidewalk. I had to find some sneakers or something, even sandals would be better than this. There were trees towering over people’s privacy fences. Out of curiosity I peeked my head over the fencing, wondering if where I was still had electricity. It sure did, along with clotheslines. Dangling on one was a pair of sneakers. Immediately I knew then what had to be done. I had to steal, but after a night of walking and tearing myself in the woods I wasn’t as upset about it as you would think. I used a trash can and threw myself over the chain link fence. I fell onto the ground with a painful thud, and picked myself up. Trotting over to the sneakers, I tried them on.

They were a little tighter than I liked, but they helped. As I laced knots into the running shoes I heard a jingling of metal. I turned to see it was a dog standing by the house. The hair rose on the German Sheperd's back. He snapped his jaws together and started barking. Anxiously I looked for an exit. There wasn’t one. I was going out the way I came in. Halfway over the fence I heard yelling and shouting, then tumbled over the fence. I picked my guts off the gravel and took off running again, stumbling over my shoes.

While running I cursed Balthazar, him and his stupid mission, whatever it was I didn’t like it. Why would I lead people to an anti-Christ because of what an angel said? There were plenty of bad people in the world; did I really want to lead people so awful they had to be directed to a demon?

Dean and Sam sat at the local diner, munching on eggs and bacon. A waitress walked by and Dean tilted his head in her direction as she continued her route in her little waitress outfit. She was tall, blonde and tan. Dean thought if any word would be good for her; it would be telling her she was an Amazon.

“God Dean, would you shut up?” Sam set down his fork and stared at his brother.

“What? I didn’t say anything.” He glanced at the waitress again and hopped he hadn’t said what he was thinking, “Did I?”

Sam shook his head, “You said enough with your eyes,” The folder sat on the corner of the table. “Don’t you think we have more important stuff to worry about.”

“We need a break Sammy, we spent all night worrying about our big problem with Cas.”

“We can’t Dean, more people are dying and this is one of those things we have to handle.”

Dean took a handful of bacon, “I know, we’re going to pack up later tonight.”

“Where are we heading?”

“Maria Williams’ place,”

And what, go knocking on her door with silver bullets in our pockets? We have to make sure before we go and put bullets in her head, Dean.”

“Hey, shut up.” Dean said so quickly Sam pursed his lips together. The restaurant was now empty, eerily empty. Dean threw some money on the table straightened his jacket and stood up, walking casually, Sam followed him. Better to be safe than sorry, they were still being searched for by angels and demons alike. It didn’t matter to the demons that they had nothing to do with Castiel becoming God, besides the fact they tried to stop it.

“Easy boys where are you going?” Sam turned it was the waitress. Dean was thrown backward into the glass window, it shattered and he fell out into the street. “Run Sam!!” He called grabbing the knife from his belt. Sam took off running for the car. The demon stared at that and it flew from Dean’s hand, and tumbled into the street.

Sam ran through the alley, his feet picking up frantically with each step. He had to get to the car. He was thrown into the bricks, held there by nothing but air.

“Sam…sam, sam.” Another woman stepped into the alley, clicking her tongue shamefully. “You Winchesters and your mistakes, its gonna get you killed one of these days. Today seems joyful enough.”

I ran down the backstreets, my feet crying in pain, I couldn’t get risk getting caught. What would I tell the cops? I left my shoes in my room? A knife skidded to my feet. I jumped out of the way to avoid catching my toes on it, forgetting I wasn't barefoot anymore. What I saw next I couldn’t believe. A man was pinned against a car. But no one held him, only a woman stood in front of him, with black eyes her hand extended like it was the force keeping him there.

I jumped behind the brick wall of an empty alley way, peeking my eyes around the corner. I didn’t want to get caught in the middle of this.