Issue #7 Safe...a Supernatural TLN Series

I heard Dean’s voice in the background as I dozed in the car….What’s your name?...my voice struggled to answer. There was some swearing as he asked again frantically What’s your name?....Hope, I answered groggily.

Well listen Hope, you have to stay awake okay? The voice said so far away. “Okay,” I mused softly… “where are we going?”

“We’re going to Bobby, he’s a friend and hopefully he’ll be able to patch us all up.”

I straightened up in the seat and asked him if he could turn on the radio, hoping the radio would wake me up. I gripped my shoulder, the pain bringing tears to my eyes, but it woke me.

We got to a house…a house with a bunch of cars. An auto shop? I was too groggy to remember what it was called. An older man sat on the porch and stood up anxiously as Dean opened his door. He must’ve seen all the blood.

I remembered being carried into the house, sat onto a bed with dark blue sheets. Then that was it. Blackness filled me and I passed out, wondering how I was going to get anything done now dead.

Dean had tried to ignore it, he really had, and how the silver cut her skin and burned it like coals. That didn’t make sense though; she wore a silver class ring. The thing glittered with a blue sapphire stone in the middle, how could she wear it without being scalded?

Bobby stood silently as Dean relayed what happened, and how the girl had saved him. Then he confessed about what happened when she was stabbed.

“I don’t know Dean, it’s too suspicious to tell yet.” Bobby took out a lock and key, “Think we should chain her?”

He shook his head, “No, I don’t think she’s going anywhere in a hurry, she’s cut up so bad.” He leaned against the corner of the wall, staring at where Sam lay in Bobby’s room. Hope was in the spare room.

“She saved both of us, Bobby. How in the hell do you put a bullet in someone like that?”

“I don’t know, maybe there’s been so many bad monsters out there we forget that there are a few good ones. Not enough to question all of their personalities, but enough to think twice about killing after one saves your ass.” His eyes fell to his hands, bloody from the girl. They walked into the kitchen and he turned the sink on, this wasn’t the first time he had blood on his hands.

“How are they?” Dean had a few dozen bandages, no thanks to the broken glass windows, but he was awake at least. Hope had passed out the moment they set her in the bed. Sam was still knocked out cold. Dean had to stitch Sam up himself while Bobby went and tried to patch the girl’s shoulder up and stop all of the blood flow.

“It’s hard to say, I think they’ll both be okay. A concussion at least for Sam,” Then he motioned to the other room, “And her a lot of blood loss.” He grabbed a towel and dried it with his hands, they were still a pinkish color.

Dean nodded, “Yeah, I know, between her and Sam I’m gonna have to buy new seat covers.” There were enough red stains in the car to have a blood drive.

Bobby patted him on the shoulder, “I’ll get you a discount.”