Issue #27 Reflection in the Mirror...a Supernatural TLN Series

We went back to our “luxurious” hotel.

Dean and Sam explained to me that they had seen a book on the table. A Supernatural Book and it looked like a new release. When they went to ask her about it, Becky took the plea that it was all in memory of Sam. That’s when the shouting started.

“Great, now our lives up until Chuck disappeared will be under a microscope.” Sam sighed, typing in the computer. I stood up, and headed to the door.

“Where are you going?” Dean asked calmly.

“I’m going for a walk.” I concluded and stepped out the door. Dean followed me, “Fine, I’m coming with.”

He grabbed the keycard. “All right,” I said calmly, “but if you are simply worried about my welfare, you could give me a gun or something.”

He shut the door, and we were outside, I could see the sun tilted in the west. It had been a long day after all. I sighed, tucking my hands in my pocket.

I looked at Dean, and felt somewhat upset. “I’m sorry about, earlier?”

“For the actions before or after kicking my balls?”

I scowled, “More like during, if you’re going to be a jerk, I’m not going to apologize.”

He grumbled, “All right fine, apology accepted. What was going through your head when you yelled at Becky?”

“I don’t know,” I said, tripping over my words, “I guess, I was just upset that she compared me to a demon whore.”

Dean chuckled at this, “You have no idea,”

I raised my eyebrows, “Yeah, and guessing from the big smirk on your face I don’t really want to know either.”

I continued on walking down the broken sidewalk, “Well, she was just irritating in general. She made me feel like dirt, like I was a monster or something. And by looking at myself in the mirror; to see my eyes glow like a wild animal…I guess she was right. Maybe I am a monster.”

Dean turned in front of me, forcing me to stop. He put his hands on my shoulders. “Don’t you ever look at yourself like that. I’ve hunted down a lot of evil crap, in my time. And you are not. You’ve saved me, you’ve saved Sam; before you even knew us. We would risk our asses in a heartbeat for you if the moment called for it.”

I stared into his soft gree eyes, and I knew he meant it. But I also knew I would risk my life again for them.

“I know,” I said softly.

We came closer together, our lips only an inch apart now. As his lips kissed me I had to stand on my tippy toes for his level, a disadvantage for being short. He had his hands wrapped around my waist, and I linked my arms around him and began nuzzling his neck. The musk or cologne I wasn't sure what it was, but he smelled wonderful.

I heard a loud crash and I turned towards the sky, the daemon inside me had her hackles raised. “What was that!?”

“Fireworks, it is the fourth of July.” Dean answered, not nearly as upset as me. I gave him a surprised look.

I relaxed, “I’ve been gone that long?” He nodded in response.

“You didn’t know?”

I stared at the smoke falling down from the sky. “I haven’t been keeping track.” That was an honest answer; I stared sadly at the sky. Home was so far away.

He must’ve noticed the sadness on my face, “Do you want to go see them?” 

The fireworks, the popcorn, the light illuminating the sky. It was so much. I’m glad that I had Dean and Sam with me. They didn’t make me feel so alone. The bursts of light in the sky, the crackling and booming in my ears seconds later, I loved all of it. It made home seem close.