Issue #11: Aint no rest...a Supernatural TLN Series

Birds chirped outside, and I could smell the morning dew hanging on the grasses outside. It was nice. I was curled up in the recliner, smelling the old spice and Jack Daniels. The combination actually was better than it sounded. I stirred when I heard duffle bags being dropped onto the floor. Opening my eyes I saw Dean in a blue flannel, he knelt down upzipping his duffle to throw in a pair of socks.

 “Sleep good?” He smirked at me. I sat up, subconsciously fixing my hair and wiping my face.

 I wiped drool off, disgusting. “I guess so.”

 “You snore, did you know that?” I took a closer look at him and saw he had bags under his eyes. He had lost sleep because of it. Crap…I cursed my bad habits.

 I turned a few shades of red, “So I’ve been told.”

 “Have you also been told you can be mistaken for a damn bear you sound so awful?”

 “Yes, shut up!” I growled, “I can’t help it and you know it! Sam took the spare bedroom; you might have had a little more sleep if there were walls between you and me.”

 He grinned. “That’s the understatement of the freakin’ year.”

 I glared at him and motioned to his bags, “So what are the bags for? Didn’t scare you away did it?”

 “No, me and Sammy gotta job to do, it’s still in the county but we’re packing bags and taking stuff with us just in case.”

 “What’s the job?”

 “People keep dying in this area, they’re all seventeen and none of them are from the same city or state. But they all die here.” That last part was chilling; I was in the approximate age range.
Sam walked out, wearing a black t-shirt and he temporarily settled on the couch, listening to me and Dean.

 “So what are you guys going to do? It’s not like you can ask them how they died.”

 “Nope, that’s what the morgues for.” Sam said as he loped into the kitchen, grabbing some bread and tossing it onto the table. He took out a couple of pieces and began to butter them.

 “Yeah, we’re going to check out the bodies, see if there’s any connection besides age.”

 My eyes widened, they were going to do an autopsy on the bodies, “Is that legal?”

 They answered in unison, Sam sounding more ashamed than Dean, “No.”

 “Not everything we do is exactly legal,” Dean reasoned.

 Sam interrupted, “Dean, nothing we do is legal!”

 “Well we help a lot of people doing it don’t we?”

 I listened to them bicker with interest. “Can I come?”

 “Well, Dean?”

 “No, of course not. I already lost enough sleep.” My eyes fell to the ground shamefully.

 “Please, I will sleep outside if I have to!” They stared at me in surprise.

 “She ain’t gonna do me any good here.” Bobby chimed in helpfully, “You might as well take her,”

 “Bobby!”

 “Well, she’s not going to get anything done sitting on her butt here with me all day.” He reasoned.

 “Get anything done? What does she need to get done?” Sam asked.

 I crossed my arms, “Well getting home for one thing, that’s not going to happen overnight. And even If you guys drove me home, I bet what’s his name would just come and “zap” I’d be back in this town again.”

 “So what do you want from us then if you know you’re just going to end up back here?”

 “Probably clothes,” Bobby guessed. He wasn’t wrong. “All you have is what you’re wearing right?”

 “Yeah,” I mused, a bit embarrassed. “But that’s not what I was getting at. What I really want is some answers, and I bet if I hang around here long enough that’ll happen.”

 “So now we’ve gotta take you shopping too!?” Dean was skeptical. Apparently girls were a little too high maintence for him. “My guess is you don’t even have any money either.”

 I shrugged, “No, sorry my wallet is in my other bra,” He stared at me, skeptical. “God I was joking! You shouldn’t take me seriously all the time!” I smiled. “I don’t have any money, but my underwear is not my hiding place for cash.”

 I stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

 He grinned, “At least not all of it right?”

 I punched him on the shoulder, saying sarcastically, “Right.”