Chapter 54: Showdown!

Vote+shower this chapter with comments ;)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Harveston Hamlington let out a hysterical laugh.

His whole body shook at the intensity of his laughter, and his eyes were madly wide.

He's really a psycho, I swear.

"I never thought I'd get to this situation in a million years!" he said between his laughs, and his laughing voice went louder, "I never imagined the day would come where I finally point a gun at your heart, Rickard Ellington Conway!"

His eyes were bloodshot, and he continued laughing.

"You never seemed this vulnerable, I might say!!" He resumed in throaty laughter.

The man of steel before me didn't even flinch.

He fixed Harveston with his cold eyes, as they intensified into freezing point.

The pride of his stand, and the mightiness in his posture, as well as the arrogance and highness that usually radiated of him wavered not a bit.

Dang him! Was that what a man about to be shot supposed to look like?!

Can someone possess such pride and composure at such moments?!

Moments he didn't even know if they were his last!

Behind Mr. Ellington, I shuddered.

"U-Ughh... N-You... D-Don..." Unfathomable mutters escaped my lips, as my tongue got tangled. My voice was shaking, and my eyes shivered with fear.

I shook my head, the only sign to show what I truly wanted to say:

'Don't. Don't shoot him. No.'

That's what I wanted my lips to mutter, my tongue to form, and my vocal chords to voice out.

I've been in Harveston's grip for three days, and I've not felt, for a single second, as hopeless as I felt at this moment.

Because I knew it.

I knew this was what he wanted.

I knew this has been his aim from all this.

I knew he wanted to kill him.

To shoot him.

I knew he wanted to kill Rickard Ellington Conway.

Tears didn't come out.

My fear was literally beyond tears.

It was to the point that the chaos of my unstable feelings and concerns all stuck in my throat, deterring me from speaking.

Harveston was still laughing. Loudly.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this." he smiled smugly, "I've been waiting for this since the moment my company suffered an enormous downfall because of yours. Since the moment I was forced to divorce Rosalina. Since the moment I saw your image as the youngest billionaire through London!" He screamed.

"Nothing in this world can ever amass the hatred I possess for you, Rickard Ellington Conway." his eyes continued to burn with antipathy, "I have vowed for this since the moment I was disowned from all what I had. It just took me some years to regain quarter the power I had back then."

He shook his gun playfully.

"And with this quarter power, I now got the advantage to point this gun at your disgusting features."