Chapter 30.

Chapter 30.

---------------

Rauhan.

Khadija is coming back to normal, but slowly. I don't want to push her to tell me about what she feels. I have no problem with her taking time for it. She also started sharing things with me. She told me about her talk with Asim, but still didn't tell me the name of the person who say this all is a deal.

I mentally ready myself, if it was Saima Aunty then I will tell everything what she do with Uncle to Mom then I see how she or her children from first husband step into my house. I have to know if it was her or not. I plan to call Amir and Zoya at my office to ask what's going on their life.
After I was done calling them. I complete some work and look through mails of latest gossip my reporters send me. It was about the fashion events, who wear what. What is going in celebrities professional life and personal life? Who is celebrity on top taking movies and Tv shows?
After I find news and pictures for next issue, I send them to Shehroz and Shaheer. Speaking of them, I told them about our little conversation and confessing my feelings for her. They told me, it is too early to confess it but I don't care. As long as I confirmed about my feelings and she is with me, I don't want anything.
A knock on my door make me looked up. On door my Assistant standing. She is in her 40's and needy when I appoint her. Her name is Alice.
"Yes Alice?" I asked looking down again.
"Sir, your cousins are there to see you." She said professionally making me nod.
"Send them in. Please bring some coffee and cookies." I told her and dismiss her. She left and after a minute or two, they come in my office. I gesture them to sit.
"Assalam-o-Alaikum Rauhan Bhai." They give their Salam and I replied back.
"Why you call us here Rauhan Bhai?" Amir asked confused. I stop working and looking at them. Alice send coffee and her famous cookies. I like her homemade cookies. They are delicious.
"It's nothing important. I just want to see you guys. We haven't seen each other in a long time but only two times on my marriage." I said with a sigh and take my coffee.
"Yeah, that's true. I thought you want to talk about something else." I heard Zoya mumbled. I frowned in confusion. What she mean by something else? How they know about it?
"What did you say?" I asked suspiciously. She looked at me and shake her head quickly.
"N-nothing." She stutter and avoid eye contact. She did when she was lying.
"Zoya tell me. Is there something I need to know?" I asked her. She looked at Amir nervously. I watch the silent conversation between them and suddenly Zoya dropped her shoulders and lowered her head.
"Zoya wants to tell you something Rauhan Bhai." Amir says and give Zoya an encouraging look. Zoya take a deep breath.
"Rauhan Bhai, it is about Khadija Bhabhi." She said unsurely. I give her a nod to continue because I want to hear what she wants to tell me about Khadija.
"After your marriage when we come back here, Mom decide to visit your home. It was second day of Khadija Bhabhi in your house. That day Ammara do something." She say hesitantly. I clenched my fist. She was the reason that Khadija is keeping distance with me.
"What did she do?" I asked calmly and trying not to take out my anger on someone innocent.
"When Khadija Bhabhi was making coffee for us, Ammara walk in kitchen and starts saying stuff about you and her. Then she pour hot boiling water on her hand." She said lowering her head. I am done with this. This is getting out of control. What she think she is? She come to my house and say about me and her to my wife? This is out of her limits.
"Sorry Rauhan Bhai, we should tell you earlier. We thought Khadija Bhabhi already told you but when we see she didn't tell you anything about it, we think it's better to keep quiet because it is not our place to tell you about it." Amir says with a sorry look. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily.
"It is not your fault Amir and Zoya. It's just... Khadija didn't tell me anything about it and she keep distance with me. I know something happen because she only stayed at home she didn't go anywhere without me." I told them. They sighed in relief and nodded.
"I think you are mad with us for not telling you when you call us suddenly without any reason." Zoya said with a sad smile.
"Anything else happen there?" I asked her.
"Yeah, but I can't tell you that. I am sorry but you should know it by Khadija Bhabhi. I am not sure if she tell you because she didn't want you to get angry on that person."
"Who? What are you talking about? What happened there?" I asked confused. She shook her head not wanted to tell me anything. I let it go. I will ask Khadija by myself and this time she couldn't turn me down for not telling that.
"Anyways, how your lifes are going?" I asked them. They told me about Amir giving interview in some companies as an accountant. Zoya is learning fashion designing and wants me to publish her designs in my magazines but for that she had to talk Shehroz. Shehroz know about Zoya and she had little crush on him but he always do things for fun. He never take anything seriously.
When they left it was 5 pm. I go back to my work while thinking how I ask Khadija about what Zoya told me. I have to do something about Ammara. She can't come to my house and say anything to my wife. I think I should talk Dad about it. Suddenly my cell phone ring. It was a call from Mom.
"Assalam-o-Alaikum Mom." I answer her call.
"Walaikum Assalam Rauhan." She sounded low. I frowned what happen to her?
"What happen Mom? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. She sighed and I could feel her shaking her head on other side.
"Yeah, I am okay." She said quietly.
"Mom tell me what's w wrong?" I asked seriously. She sigh and I heard sniffing.
"Mom why are you crying? Is everything okay?" Now, I was scared. It is rear when Mom cry.
"Promise me you won't get mad."
"I promise Mom tell me." I promised and waited for her to continue.
"After you and your Dad gone, I call some of my friend to meet Khadija. They wanted to meet her personally but."
"But?"
"She insult them. You remember my diabetes friend. Khadija give her coffee with sugar after I tell her not to add sugar in it. Her health is not good. She insult my friend saying she had no time to meet anyone and then she leave." She explain and sniff. I can't believe Khadija do this but Mom didn't lie to me. She accept Khadija for me. She is giving her a chance to prove she is not what she think.
"Mom are you sure Khadija do all this?" I asked thinking maybe she was mistaken.
"Don't you believe me? You think I would lie to you? You know what? She totally take you by her side." She said angrily and hung up before I could say anything. I sighed heavily. I dial Khadija number but she didn't pick it up. I get a text from Mom saying she is leaving to see her friend. I decide to go home.
I park my car outside and get out. When I walk in house it was quiet. No sound from anywhere. I went upstairs in my room and try to open door but it was locked. I knock few times but I didn't get any reply.
"Khadija." I call her softly. I heard shuffling and then door open. I walk inside and saw everything on its place. I take a step forward to her but she walked past me. I grabbed her arm and she hissed. She closed her eyes tightly.
"What happened to you?" I asked and loosen my grip on her arm. She take a step back and shook her head before walking out. I walk after her and saw her going in kitchen.
"Khadija is something happen today? With Mom friends?" I asked and she freeze on her place.
"No. What would happen? Everything is fine. Her friends were nice to me." She lie on my face.
"Don't lie to me. Mom told me everything that happen." I told her and she looked at me shocked.
"What did she tell you?" She asked and her eyes filled with fear. I take a step forward.
"She tell me everything. I want to hear it from you." I said and crossed my arms waiting for her to begin.
"Nothing happen Rauhan. Aunty introduces me with her friends and then they leave." She said without looking at me.
"Look at me." I order her and she do. "Now tell me truth. What happen? Don't you dare to lie with me. I also know what Ammara do to you."
Suddenly her eyes filled with tears and its starts falling down from her eyes. I pulled and hugged her tightly. I don't want to see her cry. She sobbed on my shirt. She slowly calm down as I rubbed her back. She pulled back and looked up at me with red puffy eyes.
"Y-your M-mom told m-me that o-our marriage was a d-deal between y-you and y-your Dad. T-today s-she called her f-friends. I-I made s-snacks for t-them b-but t-they throw i-it a-away and..." She starts crying again and looked down. I was shocked Mom told her this all is deal? I thought she accept her but I was wrong.
"And what?" I asked softly. She keep looking down and shake her head. "Tell me"
"S-she slapped m-me on m-my face in front of t-them." She said and then I notice her hijab was off and her hairs were covered her left side of her face. I slowly removed her hairs and saw a red hand print. I can't believe Mom hit her and lie to me for the first time.
"Why didn't you tell me when this all happen?" I asked. She shake her head.
"I-i don't want you to get angry on her which make her sad. No matter what she did with me but she is still your Mom and I don't want to make any differences between you and your Mom. It will hurt her" She said softy. I feel my heart swelled up seeing how much she care about my family. She don't want me to get angry on Mom so she's taking everything that Mom do with her.
"You know you have a beautiful heart which don't want to see anyone in trouble or sad. I am glad I got a life partner like you. You make me fall for you again and again." I told her softly and honestly with a smile. She looked down and blush lightly.
"Let's get ice for your face." I make her sit on stool and take out an ice bag from fridge for her. I carefully put it on side of her face. She flinched as ice come in contact with her burning skin.
After taking care of her wounds I take her upstairs and told her to take some rest while I take care of other things. She take promise for me not to say anything to Mom about what she told me. I am not going to say or do anything with Mom. I just made a decision that may hurt her but it will be good for us and for her.
When it was 8 pm Dad come back home. Mom come after few minutes with a sad face. I still don't want to believe everything about Mom I got to know today. At dinner time all of us was quiet. Everytime I looked at Mom I saw her glaring at Khadija who was sitting next to me and eating quietly. She didn't notice the look she was get from Mom.
"Mom, how was your friend?" I asked breaking the silence. I feel Khadija hands on mine under that table. I give her a reassuring smile
"She is better now. I apologized her for what happen today." She answer with a sigh. I looked at Dad and he looked between us confused.
"What happen today?" He asked. I shake my head and was about to tell nothing but Mom interrupt me.
"My friends come here today to meet Khadija, but she didn't know she has diabetes and give her sugar coffee which is why she is not well." Mom told him lie.
"But Mom you told me you tell her not to add sugar in her cup?" I asked raising my eye brow. She get nervous.
"I said that? I don't remember." She says with confused yet nervous look.
"Anyways, I made a decision." I announced. I intertwine my fingers with Khadija under the table and squeezed it gently.
"What?" Mom asked. I see a hint of hope to leave Khadija but I am not doing this.
"We are moving out. Our Texas office need attention and I have to work from there now. So Khadija and I are going there for some years when it start working properly from there then we will be back." I told them my decision and waited for them to say something. I looked at Dad. He was smiling but sadness is in his eyes. While Mom is glaring at me and Khadija. I know she don't want us to leave so she could make distances between us.
"That will be better for you two." Dad said smiling sadly. I feel bad for leaving him.
"It is not better for them. How they live there all alone? How could you just tell him it is better for them?" Mom asked angrily to Dad. I looked Dad and he was surprised to see Mom reaction.
"Don't worry Mom, Hira and her in-laws are there. Khadija family is also there so you don't have to worry about us. We are grown up and married." I said annoyed but she shake her head.
"You are not moving anywhere. I told you she is not good for him. First she control your mind and now forcing you to move from here. I know this is her idea." She yelled at Khadija. I feel her getting scared as she held my hand tightly.
"No, it is not. It is my idea and we are moving out. We are leaving in 3 days." I said standing up. I pulled Khadija with me in our room. I close the door behind us and feel her hand shaking in mine.
"Shh... Everything will be okay." I comfort her hugging. I feel her nodded in hug. We pulled back and laid on bed for some sleep.

------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it. Let me know what you think about Rauhan decision and about this chapter.

Next update will be out soon.

-Maddy.!