Chapter 45: A Small Accident

Katherine was in her room standing at the balcony. It was already 2am and everyone was asleep except for Katherine and Robert.

They were still remembering each other's words. It felt like needles poking them!

"You know what! You're just someone who loves misunderstanding every word I say. But before I leave I would like to tell you something. I came here to try to persuade you in believing that I didn't do anything wrong but you just love misunderstanding me. But let me tell you that I love you a lot and I will make sure you would get out of this misunderstanding even if you don't want to be in a relationship with me!"

"I shouldn't have told him anything! He loves me till now and I know deep down I love him too. It's just that I don't want to fall in love with him after how he-", Katherine paused for a moment when she heard something dropped.

A shiver ran down her spine. Was it right to go out and check who made that noise? Or was it dangerous.

Katherine stealthily walked out and held a baseball bat in her hand. She walked out slowly and then heard the same noise from the kitchen.

"Should I wake someone up? But what happens it's just a mouse or Ruffy?", she whispered to herself.

Ruffy was their pet dog who takes care of their house. Katherine was thinking why would he be awake at this moment. Shouldn't he be asleep?

"I think I should just go down and check. By the way I've got a baseball bat with me so that thief wouldn't harm me! And this way I could show everyone that I'm a brave and independent girl.", Katherine walked down bravely and walked towards the kitchen.

She saw a figure of someone opening the cabinet and finding something.

"So this guy is a food thief? What a same to steal food!", she was angry.

Katherine walked behind him and hit his head so hard that the person yelled at the top of his voice.

"Oucchhhhh!!", he yelled.

"You idiot! What are you doing here!", she continued to beat him when suddenly she felt something hit her head.

"Ouccch!", she yelled at the roof out her voice as well.

Soon everyone was in the kitchen and Ryan turned on the lights finding Katherine and Robert unconscious, lying against each other.

Yes Robert! She mistook the thief for Robert!

"Oh my god! What did the two of them do to each other.", Pamela quickly walked towards Katherine.

"Robert's head has blood oozing out! We should take the two of them to the hospital!", Ryan's parents concluded.

Christopher and Jeremy picked Robert up while Ryan picked Katherine up.

*******************************************

"How are they doctor?", Pamela asked the doctor as he came out of the room.

"Katherine is alright while Robert has blood oozing out but he should be fine by tomorrow. Katherine is already conscious. You can meet both of them since they are in the same room.".