Chapter 30: All Alone

Katherine was in her room. She was not crying. She was all alone. No one to talk to. No one to laugh with. No one to spend time with.

At that point, Ryan came into her room. He was holding a tray. It had Katherine's dinner. She didn't realized when did Ryan even came to her room.

'Katherine! Looked what I got! Your favorite Mac And Cheese. Come let's eat. I know you are hungry.', Ryan exclaimed cheerfully.

At the same moment Jacqueline burst into the room. She was holding 3 bowls of ice cream.

'Katherine! I got ice cream! Let's all eat.'

Katherine did looked at them. She gave them a weak smile and looked away from them.

'I don't understand why am I going through the same pain like last time.', Katherine whispered to herself but Ryan and Jacqueline could clearly hear here. She took a deep breath and continued.

'12 years ago I suffered the same pain by leaving Robert. He was suffering like me. We never met for 12 years and at the airport we met coincidently. He changed his name and lied to me all this while and I fall in love with him. I found out about him and he left me. My destiny is becoming my own enemy.', Katherine burst into tears.

Jacqueline and Ryan placed the food on the coffee table in her room and went over to comfort her.

'Katherine. It's okay. Didn't you hear what did your dad and Robert's dad said. They were going to meet each other at a business conference in eight months time. In 3 months time we are having summer vacation. And you can spend them in London right?'

At that point Katherine's phone rang. She took a look at it and saw the caller's name. It was Robert. She looked at Ryan and Jacqueline.

'Answer it Katherine. He must be dying to talk to you.', Ryan encouraged Katherine to answer it.

'Hello?'

'Katherine... How are you?'

'How do you think I'm feeling. Maybe just like how I felt 12 years ago.'

'Please don't say like that Katherine.'

'Let's just change to chapter Robert. How was you flight? And where are you now?'

'Oh! My flight was fine. I slept all the way and now we are on the way home. I missed one week of school and now I got lots of a work to do. And a huge explanation to give. What's the time now for you?'

'Eight. You?'

'I'm five hours behind you. So it's 1 in the morning. I'll get going. I'll call you tomorrow. Please take care. And I love you.'

'Me too. Bye.'

Katherine was finally smiling. She couldn't erase the smile from her face. She was so glad.

'Well well! Looks who's smiling. You know Katherine, I just can't wait for you to get married.', Jacqueline joked.

'Listen to me Katherine. You are no longer the 5 year old Katherine that left your best friend. You are now the 17 years old girl that allowed your boyfriend to leave. You need to be more mature. And see, one phone call made you so happy. You need to suffer for a while before spending your entire life with the person you love.', Ryan explained.

Katherine smiled to them and answered, ' I guess you guys are right. I need to be more mature and sensible. Don't worry. I won't act likes child anymore. So what if we couldn't meet. We still can talk on the phone. It's just the matter of 2 years.'

'So now can we eat. I'm famished.', Ryan added.

They laughed and started to eat.

Pamela was standing outside Katherine's room and listening to their conversation. She was pleased that her friends could cheer her up so easily.

She couldn't wait for the 2 years to past by quickly.

'Don't worry Katherine. It's just 2 years. You suffered for 12 years and 2 years wouldn't hurt a lot. I'll be there for you whenever you need me.', Pamela mumbled to herself.

She took a deep breath and left from there with a smile on her face.

Ever since that day, everything changed. Nothing was the same. It had changed for the better.

Katherine was ready for the future.

•••••••••••••
Short chapter I know. Don't worry. The next chappy will extremely long. :)