Chapter 28: Diary

It was the second day on the cruise already. Katherine has just woke up and found herself on Robert's bed in his room. She didn't remember coming here or sleeping here at night.

'Robert? Why are I here on your bed?', Katherine asked him with a yawn.

'That's because you began to scream last night. You said you had a nightmare about the horror movie we saw. I told you to sleep and you said that you wanted to sleep with me in my room. So I carried you here.'

'Yeah I remember having that dream but I don't... It's okay. So we will continue with the plan right? Swimming, Spa and dinner right?'

'And I got a surprise for you after dinner!'

They quickly got out of bed and went to have their breakfast buffet. They ate light so that they could go for swimming.

After breakfast, both of them went back to their rooms individually and got dressed for swimming. Robert had already got ready for swimming and went on first. Katherine on the other hand was in her room getting ready.

Once she was ready, she went towards the pool. There wasn't a lot of people at that time as most of them were spending their time at the zip-line and spa.

Katherine walked towards a bench and placed her bag that she kept her clothes that she would be wearing after swimming. She took of the shirt she had wore above her swimming costume.

As soon as she took out her shirt, she was attracted to many people around. Most of their eyes widened at the scene. Robert, who was enjoying in the pool, looked at her. He couldn't remove his eyes from her.

She was wearing a turquoise Santa Catalina Bodysuit One-Piece. He was sleeveless on one side although it wasn't quite revealing. She jumped into the water and began to swim toward Robert.

As she reached towards him, Robert quickly pulled her towards the corner. He seem to be quite protective.

'What's this Katherine! You call this a swim suit? You should have worn your nightwear.', Robert chided her.

'But... I wear this back in New York. When we usually have a beach party, I wear something that's more revealing than this. This swimsuit is nothing. I got one more in my bag. You want me to wear that?', Katherine asked him with a smirk on her face. She loved teasing him.

They continued to play in the water until lunch time. As soon as they had taken a shower, they went for lunch. It was Italian cuisine this time.

As soon as they had eaten lunch, they went for their spa. Once they were done, they had dinner. Katherine and Robert were walking to their rooms.

Out of the blue Robert stopped at his tracks and turned to Katherine.

'Kat! I'll be right back. Getting ready for your surprise. Meanwhile go to your room.', Robert instructed.

Katherine walked towards her room thinking what was Robert's surprise. Upon reaching the room, she saw a gift wrapped and a note written.

"Katherine, this is a dress for you. Please wear it and meet me at the top. Please get well dressed."

Katherine took the dress and looked at it with amusement. Time to get ready.

After 15 minutes, Katherine had finally gotten ready. She was wearing a black Renee Lace Sleeve Split Maxi Dress. Her hair was tied into a loose curly side braid with dramatic side sweeps. The took out a pair of ballerina flats from her suitcase and went towards the top. Robert was already waiting for her there in a suit. He was looking dashing.

'Hey Katherine. You're looking gorgeous. Fabulous.', Robert exclaimed ecstatically. He was wondering how to break the news.

After a few laughing and chatting about, it was time to break the news.

'Katherine, I want to tell you the real reason why I called you up here.', Robert said. He took a deep breath.

'What is it Robert? Is everything okay?'

'You know in reality, sometimes you must let go the things that you love the most?', Robert said.

Let go? Katherine couldn't understand what was he saying.

'What are you trying to imply Robert?'

'Nothing much. I'm just giving you this advice.', Robert shrugged his shoulders and gave an unsure smile.

He began to walk a few rounds around the top of the cruise and soon stop in front of Katherine.

'You know that we cannot be together forever right?', Robert asked Katherine.

In his mind, he was confuse. He didn't know how to break the news to Katherine.

'Who says! If both of us wants to be together we can.', Katherine exclaimed. She couldn't understand a word Robert was saying.

'Yes. But...'

He took a deep breath a continued.

'Katherine, like you, I have my studies to pursue. And that can be only done in London and not here in New York.'

Katherine was still confused. She knew he wasn't going to the point.

'Robert please stop beating around the bushes. Come to the point.', Katherine told him sternly.

'I'm leaving New York on Monday. I need to pursue my studies and help dad with my business. I don't want to leave you but I need to. I hope you would understand....', Robert looked as if he was going to cry.

'I know that there will be a day that you will leave me but there will also be a day that we would be together. I want to get degree in London's best university. And that will be in 2 years time.'

'Thank you for understanding Katherine. Come here.', Robert pulled Katherine towards him and gave her a hug. A tight hug.

'Robert, you must promise me that you wouldn't be the same Robert who didn't bother meeting me or even calling me once from young. Please don't do this again.'

'I promise you Katherine, I'll call you twice a day and chat with you whenever I'm free.', Robert whispered into her ears.

They broke the hug and went back to their own rooms.

It wasn't a night Katherine expected. She was wide awake. Not because of the horror movie she watched but because of Robert.

Why was he leaving her like that. They were finally living happily and now everything changed.

Katherine was sitting on her bed and she kept thinking of the memories she shared with Robert.

The first time they met; they bumped into each other. The day she proposed to him. The day she found out his truth. Becoming drunkard.

It was finally time. Katherine walked towards her handbag and took out a diary from her bag. It was pink in color.

She had never wrote on the diary before and this diary will not be a normal book or diary. It will be filled with all the memories they shared.

Katherine began to write how she met Robert and how they danced together. How she left London and how she proposed to him. How she finally fell in love with him.

This diary will be the most important thing in her life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••
New chapter here! Hope all of you would enjoy.

:)