Chapter 4: The plan

All of them acted as if they had not planned anything. According to the plan Mark would bring Robert to Katherine. At that moment Katherine was busy trying out some drinks and was sitting on the chairs. She was tired of walking around in her heels and decided to sit down a take some rest.

Once she saw Mark walking towards her direction she stood up. She saw a young dashing boy with him. He couldn't be guests as she has met most of them. Could he be Robert? She thought to herself. She remembered she bumped into someone at the airport and then she realized it was the same guy.

Mark stood in front of Katherine while she was day dreaming. He shook her a bit and manage to bring her back to reality. Katherine looked at Robert carefully. It was the same guy that she met at the airport.

"Hey, I have met you in the afternoon right?", Katherine questioned Robert. She then thought that this guy could be Robert. Her face turned pale. She took Mark's hand and pulled him towards the side.

"Uncle Mark is that guy Robert?", Katherine questioned Mark. She had a feeling that that guy was him but didn't know whether is it him or not.

Mark didn't say anything. He grabbed her hands and brought her in front of Robert. Katherine just stared at him. Mark broke the silence, "Son, introduce yourself to her.".

The word 'son' rang into Katherine's ears and triggered something into her brain. Son equals to Robert. So that guy is Robert. Katherine's heart dropped and she remained speechless. She didn't know what to say. Robert extended his hand and gave his best smile.

"Hi my name is Gabriel. And yours?", Robert gave his best smile to her.

When Katherine heard does words from his mouth she heaved a sigh of relief. She was a bit happy and a bit sad that Robert wasn't here. She quickly extended her hand and gave her best smile as well.

"Hi Gabriel my name is Katherine. Nice meeting you.", she gave her best smile. Katherine sounded quite cheerful.

From her voice she sounded she was happy meeting him but her looks didn't show. She turned to Mark and asked him how was Robert (Gabriel to her) related to him.

"Oh yes! I forgot to tell you how's he related to me. Gabriel is my nephew. He is my brother's son.", Mark explained to Katherine. Katherine gave a giggle and look at Mark.

"Uncle Mark, you don't have a brother right? Dad told me that both of you are childhood friends because either of you don't have a sibling.", Mark's face turned red in embarrassment. Robert was laughing as well. How could his father fail to fool a genius like Katherine.

"No dear. I mean, Erm my cousin brother's son!", Mark was stammering. He didn't know what to say.

"So uncle mark you mean Ryan and Gabriel are brothers?", Katherine questioned Mark. She was speaking as if she was investigating a case. Mark knew that he was stuck.

"I remember I have never heard from Ryan that he has a brother. He also doesn't have any siblings.", Katherine continued. Mark knew that he was stuck. Mark was going to answer when Ryan joined them.

"Hey Katherine so what's going on?", Ryan asked Katherine and he saw Robert. He realized that he is the same person Katherine bumped into at the airport so he put his hands on Katherine's hips. Robert's face turned red. He was feeling angry and jealous at the same time but he didn't know why.

Katherine's face turned red as well. She quickly pushed him aside playfully.

"Ryan are you and Gabriel related?", before Ryan could answer Katherine, Mark quickly answered.

"Katherine dear! Look at me! I'm getting older! I forgot to mention that Gabriel is Daisy's brother's son. Actually Gabriel's father is very close to me so I treat him like my brother. Now everything is crystal clear.", Mark let out a fake laugh.

Life Without Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें