Chapter 28

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE!

P.S: This is a kinda of sad chapter.

Song of the chapter: Stitches by Shawn Mendes

----------------------------

I hid myself in one of the corners on the roof. Tears started flowing out of my eyes as my breath hitched and my heart beated so fast. I covered my mouth. A muffeled whimpers sounded. Then, I started shaking so bad.

Although I always kept saying that Beth's and Rayan's death wasn't my fault, a part of me always believed the other way. That part always took over me when Annabel mentioned her parents. I guess that part was grown by the help of Laura. Everytime I looked into Annabel's eyes, something kept screaming 'it's your faul ', and the guilt rushed all around my body.

It was like being the cause of someone you loved leave, and being the cause of causing that person to leave someone from their own flesh and blood, only makes you feel like it's eating you from the inside and outside. It's the feeling that your heart is wounded and scarred.

By then, my face was wet, my vision was blurred by the tears. I felt the need to let out more. So, I moved my hand away from my mouth. My whimpers were loud enough to scare the birds that were on the roof wall. But, the door opened, making a loud noise, making me instantly stop crying. I didn't trust myself, so I, again, covered my mouth with my hand.

"Zoe?!" A loud worried Irish accent sounded.

It didn't take him long to find me although I was well-hidden. He looked at me with his... yellow mixed with purple eyes. He slowly kneeled beside me as I turned my head to the other direction. I felt his hand rest on mine, he lightly squeezed. His other hand gripped my chin slightly, he slowly turned my head to face him, but my eyes dropped to the ground. I probably looked awful and I was embarressed.

He took his hands off me, only to open his arms wide. I tried to fight myself and not run to his arms, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. I threw myself in his arms gripping his shirt in fists as he wrapped his arms around me. It felt like he was trying to put me back together and heal my wounds.

"It's not  your fault... it's destiny. At least they died together, in love... princess, please never blame yourself" he said whispering as tears started running down again. "Zoe... my princess, my love, my everything... seeing you like that makes me shatter, makes Annabel cry... I don't know why you got mad, just let the girl believe if it makes her happier".

***

It was 4a.m. I was lying on my left side starring at the moon through the closed window. I was supposed to sleep, but there I was, overthinking. I could feel that Niall didn't sleep too, because every now and then,he'd sigh, also I could feel him stare at me. Sleeplessness seemed to hit both of us.

After we hugged on the roof, I just walked away with no words spoken. I, then, took off my clothes and didn't feel like dressing, so I found one of Niall's basketball shirts and one of my underwares then wore them. I didn't even care that I was half naked.

"Zoe, say something, please" Niall said, despration and worriness clear in his voice.

Something clicked in me... something that I thought it wouldn't come that soon. His words earlier and the worried tone only made me realize it more. I don't know if it was the mate effect... but everything seemed to happen so fast... too fast for my liking.

I bondered about if I should say it or not, if it was the right time or not... wasn't it supposed to be said in a special occasion? But then, I remembered Beth's words  'love doesn't have a time... it just happens, even if the time was not right '. I smiled as I remembered when she said that, I was fourteen years old only.

"I love you, Niall" I said not regretting it.

I heard nothing, but silence. For a moment, I thought that he fell asleep quickly, but then, he hugged me from behind tightly.

I pulled away, only to sit and make him sit too, I took both of his hands in mine. I didn't dare to look in his eyes, but I knew they would be a really shiny blue.

"And I love you, Zoe" he said. "Look at me" he said holding my chin and making me look at his shiny and... sparkly blue eyes. "I love you more than anything in this world, I'm ready to give you anything and be anything for you... even if you asked me to go straight to hell, I would... just for you...".

My heart melted at his words, I gave him a small smile. "But Niall... I have my dark side that I drift to often and my dark side is really dark-"

He cutted me off. "Hush... if anyone has a darker side than mine then kill me... Zoe, my past is not something to be proud of, you don't see that because appearntly I only behave this way around you... my reputation is not good for a future king... but you came, you may not be the angelic light for me, but fire is good enough and it warms me, you being the fire in my darkness is what I wanted... what I needed... I-I love you, my princess".

Looking in his eyes I knew he meant every word. "I love you, my prince".

----------------------------

Here you go. Remember, this book contains TWO PARTS, three chapters more and part one will end, and part two will begin.

This chapter is unedited.

Enjoy.

::::::::::::Chapter 29 teaser::::::::》

"Why are your eyes dark but yet bright?" I asked frowning.

"Because... because of the emotion that is taking over me... which is lust" he said eyeing my face.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

What do you think of this chapter?

AyaJ