Chapter Four

Louis Tomlinson

We drove to the heart of London laughing and talking. He even started explaining how he got here.

"Yeah, it was my mum's idea," he began, "I wanted to sing. But I applied and got in. She helped me and as much as I hate it here sometimes I still thank her for doing it for me and for helping me make the decision."

"Are you close?" I asked.

"We... we used to be," he sighed and leaned his head back against the seat, "Gem and I talk through text. But I don't go home much anymore."

His mood had changed again so I tried to lighten it, "so, you wanted to sing; let's hear it then."

"What?" He laughed, "I don't know, Lou."

"Oh, come on," I nudged him, "you can't be that bad."

He grinned a little and nodded, "alright."

He picked a song from his phone and it started playing through the car speakers. It was a song called Use Somebody by The Fray and I knew it by heart. It was one of my favorites.

I drove and listened to him sing every single note perfectly, and it was honestly so amazing. His voice was unbelievable. I didn't know how else to describe what I heard. He put everything he had into every word. He would even close his eyes and get lost in the music... like the world didn't exist in that moment.

When the song ended, he finally smiled back at me, his cheeks already flushed.

"Wow," I managed to say, "you're really fucking good, Harry."

"Thank you," he smiled, "just something I've done since I was about 5. I don't know why. I fell in love with music and singing at a really early age."

"Well, I'd have to say you definitely have the voice for it," I nodded, "I'd pay to see your show."

He laughed a little and pointed up the street, "this place."

We sat and talked while we ate breakfast in this quaint little coffee place. We discussed school a bit more and he talked about how much some of the professors sucked ass. I had my guesses on who he actually meant.

He ate very healthy for someone who seemed so carefree. I had noticed that the first day, but this was honestly the first real meal we had shared together. He ordered black coffee, yogurt with granola, and a wheat muffin. I was impressed with him. No wonder he looked so fucking good.

When we left for the school, he lit a joint and we shared it the whole way back. It was spectacular. He was laughing and smiling and that's all I wanted... him happy.

We took seats together this time, Niall looking up at us from the front.

"He's such a nerd," Harry whispered in my ear laughing.

I chuckled quietly and pretended to listen to the professor while Harry had his phone out. I glanced out of the corner of my eye to see Darren's name again. He was texting him back and I read the words, 'tonight won't work. Just come to the pub later. I'll come over tomorrow.'

I bit my lip and looked back at the board while Harry put his phone away.

"So fucking boring," he whispered.

I smirked a little and he smiled up at me from where his head rest against the seat.

Stan looked up at us from 2 rows in front of us and gave Harry a look that could kill. A smile creeped over Harry's face and he waved at Stan like he was one of his closest friends.

I couldn't hold back my snickering as I covered my mouth and tried to be quiet.

"He's gonna kick me out," I whispered to Harry.