The Guy

A/N: For those of you who were curious about Rory, the title is specifically for you. Also double update bc it's the weekend and I have nothing planned.

"You were saddling the horse in the library?" Calum exclaimed, to which Luke was glad that they were all sitting outside toward the back of the field because he didn't really want to receive strange looks from people.

"Why do you always use weird phrases when we talk about sexual things?" Charlie asked Calum quietly even though the tanned boy was giving his undivided attention to Luke.

"Straddling the horse makes it sound like I was riding him. For your information, I top. We were..." Luke trailed off with a bright shade of rouge on his cheeks, it was clear that he was awkward to admit any details of his and Ashton's private life to even his friends. "....grinding, I guess?" He whispered like it was illegal to say something like that and he was afraid he'd be caught.

He'd arrived at their chosen location for an after school hang out with extremely messy hair that raised questions immediately and he said nothing on the topic for at least twenty minutes until he broke. Ashton had said he'd catch up later because he really needed to finish his paper and Luke wasn't exactly helping him.

To Luke's relief, the football team came onto the field right then to save him from further conversation on what went down in the library. They began running drills and Luke caught a glimpse of Raymond who he hadn't seen in forever, to the point where he almost forgot who he was.

Suddenly, on the other side of the fence Luke spotted a head with black curls and olive skin. Without thinking, Luke tugged on Michael's shirt and gestured away from the group. Michael looked a little confused but followed Luke out of earshot of the group.

"You need to help me." Luke began, tone already close to begging. He could see Rory of Michael's shoulder and he wasn't very pleased.

"What, why?" Michael asked, even more confused by how quickly Luke's mood changed.

"I found the guy!" Luke exclaimed quietly, shifting his weight from one foot to the other and suddenly feeling restless.

"What guy?" Michael asked. "Luke, slow down and explain for fuck's sake."

Tiredness suddenly swept over Luke and he really wanted to lie on the ground and just stare up at the sky. But he couldn't, he needed Michael's help.

"The guy you were talking about before the party. The one that's going to be perfect for Ashton." Luke was talking fast, eyes travelling everywhere on Michael to gauge his reaction. He assumed that Michael was going to to laugh and proclaim a quick finally because Luke didn't deserve Ashton.

Michael couldn't quite catch all of the words Luke had spit out but he got the gist of what Luke was trying to say. He led him quietly even further from the group as if they were going to hear, his voice dropped to a hushed tone. "Has Ashton met him?"

"Not yet," Luke replied, already stressing out about the possibility of Ashton meeting Rory. He ran a hand through his blonde hair quickly and sighed. "Thank god."

"You know what this means right?" Michael asked, raising his eyebrows at Luke like when an adult was explaining something to a child. Luke nodded quickly but didn't look that reassured by what they'd surely be doing, something could go terribly wrong.

"We have to prevent them from meeting." Luke finished for him, looking up to check where Rory was, the shy boy was currently on the bleachers watching the players practice with a notebook in his lap and a pen poised. Luke suddenly felt glad that Michael was his friend, he wouldn't be able to keep the two boys from accidentally becoming friends without him. He was also glad that Michael understood that Luke really really liked Ashton and wouldn't purposely introduce the two.