House of Cards

A/N: There's this one person that thanks me whenever I update and I think that's adorable, thank you

Ashton let out a loud Oh when he recognized the route Luke was taking. They found themselves in the overgrown green house in no time. Ashton was once again struck by how odd the sight of Luke standing in the greenhouse was. He knew that Luke still fit though, he could picture the blonde seated amongst the potted plants with a small smile etched on his face and a book in his hand. Luke wasn't alone in his imagination, he had an arm wrapped lazily around Ashton's shoulder as the shorter boy sketched some of the plant life, whispering what was inked on the paper into Ashton's curls. It was an adoring sight, it could have been real with how much they were hanging out really.

Luke produced the pack of cards Michael had given him and grinned at Ashton, "Have you ever played twenty one?"

Ashton shook his head, not quite sure how the game worked but at this point, go fish seemed as heated as any. Luke explained how it was played, giving a brief demonstration before reshuffling the deck.

They started out with two cards and Luke picked up a third and glanced at Ashton over the cards in his hand. He raised an eyebrow when Ashton picked up a third too.

"Hold." Luke mumbled, placing each card face down on floor in front of him.

Ashton picked up a fourth before copying Luke's previous action. Luke and him exchanged glances before revealing their cards. Luke had a total of seventeen and Ashton had nineteen.

Luke cursed under his breath and handed his cards to Ashton, they both picked up two and restarted the game.

×

Ashton blew out a large amount of hot air as he threw the cards in his hand down, both had silently decided not to go to the rest of their classes but twenty one was quickly getting boring and Ashton might have been considering going to class, albeit super late.

Seeing that Ashton was becoming increasingly more restless, Luke blurted out the first thing that came to mind. In hindsight, maybe he should have kept his mouth shut...

"Strip poker."

"Strip poker?" Ashton asked with a laugh, "That sounds like such a typical thing to do. Okay."

Luke's expression turned from pained to surprised, sure he'd been thinking about playing strip poker against Ashton for the past half hour but the fact that Ashton agreed to playing really surprised him.

Ashton rolled his eyes at the blond, shuffling the deck of cards with ease. He questioned whether or not Luke was afraid he was going to lose to which the blond laughed.

×

Luke was losing and Ashton knew it, all he had left was a shirt and his pants before things got more interesting. Ashton was missing his shirt and a single sock, he'd been mocking Luke the entire game because it was his idea in the first place.

"To be fair, who gets a royal flush right away?" Luke groaned, looking at his cards with his lip ring between his teeth. His leg started shaking repeatedly, looking back up at Ashton to see the boy's smug look.

"Pairs." Ashton smiles, throwing his cards down to reveal a pair of jacks and a pair of eights.

"Three of a kind," Luke silently thanked the gods as he flashed the three tens in his hand at Ashton, Luke celebrated his minor win while Ashton removed his sock last sock.

"The pants are next," Ashton stated the obvious, scratching his abdomen and bring Luke's attention away from the boy's face. The blond had seen Ashton shirtless several times before, they were best friends after all. It felt different somehow, like it was the first time he was really looking at Ashton.