Take Flight

A/N: I keep accidentally hitting publish because I think it's the save function and I am so sorry about that.

Ashton couldn't help but stare at the framed photo on his wall, behind it it held what had the be the stupidest idea Luke had ever conceived but at the same time his feelings toward the piece of paper were both sweet and sour, this thing had accidentally brought them together despite that basically being the plan. No matter what he felt, he was more than ready to get rid of it.

The fact of the matter was, he was a day away from being ungrounded after the impromptu road trip that only took them to the Macca's three towns over. Ashton was ready to get back into connecting with his friends after school, plus he hadn't had much of a chance to talk to Luke casually since Luke thought his member was something else and tried to empty it from his pockets, Ashton practically squawked in surprise and nearly choked on his own spit at the sudden contact and Luke was too embarrassed to address the situation the entire trip which resulted in Michael having the most fun out of the four of them.

Without further consideration, Ashton removed the frame to find a blank spot on the wall behind it, no piece of paper. He didn't think much of it because it could be under a different picture frame, Luke didn't have a specific favourite so his choice of hiding spot was more of a wild guess than anything else.

"What're you doing?" Harry asked from the doorway with a raised eyebrow, always the most curious out of all the Irwins. Ashton didn't hesitate as he placed the frame back up on the wall and stepped back with a faux proud smile as he puffed his chest out slightly.

"I just finished rearranging the pictures," he lied, gesturing to the very few pictures he'd hung on the walls. Harry looked from one frame to next next and then scrunched his eyebrows together. He crumpled his t-shirt with one fist as he scowled, "You didn't change anything."

"Don't be silly Harry, I switched these two." Ashton rolled his eyes, gesturing to a picture nearly identical to the one in front of him. Harry rolled his eyes exasperated, clearly not believing Ashton in the slightest.

Once Harry was out of sight, the older boy paused, where did it go? He didn't think for much longer than a few seconds as his mind dismissed it as Luke's doing without much trouble.

He would ask Luke when he got there for sure, if he remembered.

×

Luke let out a laugh choked with smoke, squinting slightly to see through the haze of grey-white he'd spat out moments ago. He watched as Shawn stumbled around, disoriented by Kyra's sudden weight. The two ended up on the ground in a tangle of limbs and Kyra nearly kicked the poor guy in the eye, the whole ordeal was entertaining up until a ginger slunk into vision, even Kyra and Shawn paused their racket when Trick approached.

He looked uncomfortable being this close to his old friends, like they'd lost their shine once he'd walked out. He stood further away than necessary, not quite sure if they'd talk to him without some kin of hostility.

"Uh, hi." He mumbled, gaze immediately falling to his chunky black boots, he shuffled uneasily and Kyra ate the discomfort up like some kind of vampire that hadn't drank blood for days.

"What?" Shawn asked in irritation, not one to beat around the bush and found it sincere when everyone else didn't when they talked to him.

"Uh, I'm actually here to give Lucas, here, something.... As an apology." Although he was here for Luke specifically, he still couldn't look Luke in the eye.

"'Kay." Luke said, politely stepping away from the group for Patrick's benefit. When they were out of earshot Luke asked what was really going on.

"My sister," Trick paused to let out a breath like it pained him to say it. "She told me yesterday that she's happily dating another girl. A-A-And I really, really want to support her because I love her so much. I-I just want a little help, I was hoping you'd give me help if I gave you this in return."

Trick held out a small key that was scratched up from use, but the way he looked around suggested that it wasn't exactly his.

Luke considered it, although this could be a trap Trick really did love his older sister and he didn't think the fact that she likes chicks would change that.

Luke nodded slowly at first, hand pausing on the way up to accept the key. "What's it for?"

"The school's restricted pool." Trick grinned, showing off his teeth. Showing Luke the side of Patrick he'd become friends with in the first place.

Luke didn't know what to do with the key and he started to talk just when Trick was walking off, "Take your boy somewhere nice, 'emmo!"