Good Things

A/N: As the saying goes; "All good things must come to an end." Which means it was only a matter of time before this amazing thing that I've created, with a lot of inspiration and motivation from you lovely people, came to an end. I'm comfortable with ending it here, and I don't think there's much room in this lashton timeline for a sequel, unfortunately for you.

Also mentioned before that I wanted to write something more like the chapter titled Windows, tell me what you think. It's kinda really long, not gonna lie.

Ashton had finished up college and had started working for a film industry part time and working weekends at a rather classy restaurant to pay the bills because he'd barely even started his career so he wasn't in high demand as a cameraman.

He'd booked the entire week off because his mum's birthday was on Tuesday, and he really wanted to surprise her since he hadn't been down since Gray and him ended thing, he'd admit that it had been almost six months.

He was getting a ride from Charlie, who was also going down to visit family. Charlie had been in the same city as Ashton for a while now and he was the only one Ashton spoke to from his hometown. Charlie was still in school, diligently studying law like a good boy.

Charlie practically lived with Ashton, and barely ever spent time in his dorms. He'd convinced his new law school friends that he actually spent the weekends and some nights with a hot cheerleader from another college, which always made Ashton frown when Charlie joked about it because he didn't think he looked like a Jessica, more like an Ella.

"All ready to go?" Ashton asked, walking into his kitchen where Charlie sat at the table on his phone.

Charlie shoved his phone into his pocket quickly and smiled, "Shouldn't I be asking you that? I'm the one driving."

"Very convincing argument, this is why you're the lawyer and I'm not." The tanned boy teased, picking up his bags and headed out the front door with Charlie in tow. He made sure the door was locked and the pair climbed into Charlie's car.

As soon as they were settled, Charlie's phone rang. He picked up without glancing at the screen to see who it was. "Hello?"

Ashton couldn't hear who it was right away, but he assumed it was the boy's mum. Which was quickly confirmed when Charlie replied with, "Yeah. I'm getting in the car now, Mum. I'll be there in a couple hours."

"I'm not your mum."

Ashton scrunched his eyebrows at Charlie, hearing that line clearly.

Charlie shook his head at Ashton and pointed at the phone with a silent laugh, like the person on the other end did this all the time.

He pulled away from the phone a little and whispered, "She doesn't like to be reminded that I'm her child, she jokingly tells me to stop calling her mum and to not speak to her in public all the time."

"Charlie! I'm going to kick your ass if you call me Mum again."

"Okay bye, Mum! Love you too!" Charlie bid farewell loudly and disconnected the call with a smile. Without even giving some kind of further explanation, he started the car and pulled out of Ashton's driveway with ease.

Ashton turned the car radio on, unsure of a conversation topic that wouldn't end in Charlie thinking he was an idiot. Most conversations these days did, usually because Ashton neglected to give the topic much thought so he'd be corrected on a lot of the information by Charlie, who was the smarter of the two.

"Oh hey, can you text Mike and ask him what he's up to? It's been a while since I've seen him and Cal." Charlie admitted with a smile, dropping his phone into the naturally tanned boy's lap without taking his eyes off the road.