Lunch

"That game against Manchester was bullshit and you know it." Luke rolled his eyes at Michael, throwing a half eaten chip at the boy.

"Just because Milan didn't win doesn't mean Manchester cheated," Michael stated, flicking the soggy tortilla chip back at him.

"Hey Luke, mind if I sit?" A voice said causing both boys to jump. None other than Rory stood in front of them with his tray and a book on American sign language in his hand.

Luke looked from Rory to Michael with wide eyes, Ashton would be here in a few minutes and they couldn't meet or Luke would be doomed.

"Uh, no...?" Luke muttered, looking at Michael for help. Michael shrugged and Luke became slightly frantic. "M-Michael here has mono and I'd hate for you catch it."

"Mono?" Rory sounded like he wasn't buying it and Michael looked like he was about to start bashing his head against the picnic table.

"Y-Yeah? And it's r-really bad, he's kind of a slut so it wouldn't take long for his tongue to ma-" Michael kicked Luke under the table and he winced

"Just kidding! That was a test to see if you'd still be here, of course you can sit with us!" Luke spat out quickly while glaring at Michael across the table. Michael kicked him again, mouth formed into a thin line.

Rory sat down with furrowed eyebrows but didn't say a word.

Slowly the rest of their friends joined them, Ashton silently questioning who the boy sitting next to Luke with his nose in a book was, Luke mouthed later.

"Hey, can I see that?" Michael asked, waiting a fraction of a second for Rory to look up before he took the book. Michael flipped through the book quickly and then retreated to the first few pages. He grinned, looking up from the book to Calum.

"Hey babe, wanna have-?" He put up his fist, then raised his fingers slightly so you could see his palm, like he was examining his nails and then he made a first again with his pointer finder curled like a hook. Calum looked to Rory for the translation and the other boy blushed."

"S-E-X." Rory replied, taking his book back and practically burying his face in it.

"How do I say shut the fuck up in sign language?" Calum asked to no one in particular.

×

"That's really interesting." Ashton smiled, nodding along to Rory's story about the Great Barrier Reef, which he's been to three times. Luke wanted to roll his eyes, apparently all of his experiences with animals had enlightened him considerably. It's safe to say, he's the kind of guy that cried when Nemo's mum died within the first five minutes of the film.

Michael, Calum, Charlie and Luke were all in a heated game of Crazy Eights, and Charlie only had three cards while Calum probably had half the deck in his hand.

"Pick up six motherfucker." Calum shouted, throwing down three twos on top of the five of clubs. Luke groaned but obligated, luckily gaining an ace and an eight,

Rory wrapped an arm around Luke's shoulders and pointed to a king he had in his hand, "Play that one."

Luke followed through because it was literally the only diamond card he had in his hand.

Rory continued to point to the most obvious of cards as the game transpired, at one point Luke asked Rory if he'd like to play and the boy said no.

"Hey Michael, where did you even get these cards?" Charlie asked, picking up a card and gesturing for Michael to go.

"The dollar store, I've got like three decks in case I lose one." Michael replied, changing the suit to clubs.

"Hey Rory, play for me. I've got something I need to do." Luke said suddenly, shoving his cards into the boy's hand and untangling himself on the way. Michael seemed to know what he was up to because he had a card deck held behind his back so Luke could grab it without Rory noticing.

"Hey, we have science next right?" Luke asked Ashton as he slipped the card bow into his back pocket. "We're doing that thing with plants?"

Ashton looked at him strangely, neither of the two had bothered to take another science since completing the required amount. In fact, Luke had gym with Michael and Ashton had art, Ashton furrowed his eyebrows at Luke only to receive an eye roll.

"Let's go get your books." Luke stated with an underlying tone of suggestion. Ashton was still considerably confused but any suggestive tone had Ashton out of his seat immediately.

"Where are they going? Lunch is still on for a half hour." Rory asked, scrambling to retrieve his things and follow the two boys.

"Don't worry about it." Michael replied, not bothering to look up from his cards as he forced Rory to sit back down. He put down an ace which brought the game to Rory.