Unofficially Official

News had spread somehow and Luke and Ashton weren't really in the closet so it's not like they were hiding their friendship.

There were a few girls that cooed whenever they walked by and the two boys seemed to be conversation school wide. Luke had completely forgotten about his plan but it seemed to be playing out perfectly.

They'd gained status as the only gay couple in the school-which was a raging lie considering Calum and Michael were a lot more public about their relationship, Ashton and Luke didn't even have a relationship technically. The school didn't care though, people said hi to Ashton in the halls-but not to Luke because Luke was scary.

Since the whole outing thing, people were trying to sit with them daily. No one was really in it for friendship more likely just to add little bits of gossip into conversation later on.

"Hey Luke, I've got to research for a paper so I need to go to the library." Ashton said, looking at Luke for a fraction of a second longer than needed.

"Want me to come with you?" Luke asked politely, hand coming to rest on the small of the other boy's back. Luke was already thinking about how cute Ashton would look staring down at a book with concentration written across his features. He could already imagine sitting across the table from him with his eyes peaking over the top of some zombie book that he wouldn't actually be reading, it sounded like fun.

Ashton smiled, grabbing Luke's hand and leading the way. The walk was rather short but it seemed like they'd walked for longer because they were so wrapped up in themselves.

The library was a large spacious area broken up into sections by bookshelves, a couple tables were scattered around and the library only contained a few students. The library was a lot nicer than anyone have it credit, the school went through the trouble of being actual furniture into the room so students could feel more comfortable while diving into a novel. At the very back of the room a short sofa was jammed into a corner and it happened to be Luke's favourite spot, never really looked there so he could lounge on the couch when he didn't feel like going to class. Sometimes he reads, sometimes he'd sleep.

Luke was the first to sit down, The Secret Circle in hand despite noticing it was potentially geared toward females. Ashton mentioned that he would be back after finding a couple books about art history.

Luke got up and went to see if there was a sequel because the first few pages of the first book were a little bleak but he could see the temptation to read on. He was going to stash the series under the couch to make sure no one could take them until he was finished reading.

While browsing and trying to find the right spot on the shelf, movement on the other side caught his eye. A boy that looked younger than Luke was placing books on the shelf, he certainly didn't look like he was placing them in the proper spot, one had marker on the pages that read Math 11, presumably a math textbook. The boy on the other hand was cute to anyone's standards, his olive skin and jet black curls were desirable and he appeared to have the darkest blue in his eyes that Luke had ever seen. He wore a shirt with a band Ashton raved on about whenever anyone brought up music, Luke hadn't listened to the band but he knew Ashton was in love with the guitar solos. Luke pulled the book he was looking for off the shelf a little louder than necessary, accidentally catching the boy's attention.

"Um hi," the boy greeted with a shy smile. He squinted at Luke the way Ashton did when he wasn't wearing his contacts. "Forgive me, I forgot my glasses at home."

"It's quite alright," Luke chuckled, knowing how forgetful Ashton always was when it came to his glasses.

"I'm Rory," he introduced himself while awkward sticking his hand through the gap between books for Luke to shake. His hands were a lot softer than expected and kind of wanted to make Luke start moisturizing his own.