Awkward First Dates

A/N: Prepare for a massive amount of lashton fluff!   O  u  O

It occurred to Luke later that evening that they'd never set a proper date for the date, even if it was Luke's idea and he would be the one setting everything up. Luke had asked his best friend on a date a solid week ago and the giddiness had not been dimmed in either one, whenever Ashton and him made the slightest of eye contact both of them would suddenly have an excited smile on their face.

Despite looking as experienced as he did, Like hadn't the clue what a date was like. This would be his first ever date, and his first time being able to hang out with Ashton romantically. He wanted to make it a memorable experience for both of them.

Luke had spent all of his free time either with his friends or researching the upcoming occasion. Every movie he watched screamed that first dates were awkward and rather lame compared to what Luke had imagined.

Once, his mother had mentioned briefly that you will almost always remember your firsts, she was even able to recall her first date with Luke's father in great detail. But that might have been because she was head over heels for the guy. A few days later, Luke found himself caught up in a conversation with his father about the first time he'd spotted Luke's mother and he knew.

Luke didn't understand the love at first sight concept, the first time he'd met Ashton he ended up punching him in the face. To be far, Luke was already peeved when the boy ended up laughing at him but there wasn't the connection that his father talked about.

But that one missing feeling wasn't stopping him from planning a date with the boy, Luke wanted it to be perfect.

All the movies that he watched showed the first date being nothing more than a nice dinner or a trip to the movies and then fast food, none of those caught Luke's eye and made him think, that's it! That's where I'm going to take Ash! He was disappointed, and he felt like Ashton would be too if they just went to dinner and a movie.

Maybe another time, in a privater location with a movie playing as white noise to their very own symphony, dialogue from the TV drowned out by their own instrumental noises. The thoughts sounded melodic in Luke's mind, and he couldn't help the very soft smile that ended up on his lips.

Luke was getting ahead of himself though, he wanted to take baby steps. Relationships are somewhat fragile and Luke knew he would eventually slip up and it scared him, they weren't even dating and he was worried about fucking up.

A heavy sigh escapes his slightly chapped lips as he clicks his pen against his bedside table, with his piercing between his teeth he opened the DVD player. Removing some cheesy movie and putting in something that looked a little more appealing, he assumed it was some sort of a chick flick. It was after all, in the section with all the other chick flicks. With a blatantly empty sheet of paper with Date Ideas sprawled across the top in light blue and a bag of chips at his side , he tried to make himself somewhat comfortable for the movie even if he wasn't sure exactly what Mean Girls was about.

Luke was beyond nervous as he stared into the mirror at his own sleep deprived eyes, sure Mean Girls hadn't helped him with date ideas but it was one of the best movies he'd watched. The rest seemed ridiculously inaccurate, but maybe it was because he is actually a gay teenage boy rather than Chloë Grace Moretz who plays an amazing cellist that ends up falling in love with some die hard rock band guy, although Chloë did have amazing skin that Luke envied.

With a frown, Luke realized that he had no way of driving Ashton to their date. They all had licenses but Ashton and Calum were the only two with vehicles, Luke wasn't sure if it would be more awkward having Calum drive them to the location or having to tell Ashton exactly where there date would be. Although he didn't enjoy the romance movies he'd watched, Luke did really like the idea of not telling your date where you're going. Depending on the wording though, you could make it sound like you were kidnapping them...