Notes and Hoes

A/N: Yes I named this part after my previous author's note, I like the name... and I'm still laughing about it.

Boats and hoes... Notes and hoes.

Tell me if you can spot the hoe.

"Class, meet our new student." The English teacher announced part way through the lesson. Most of the students were relieved that they had a reason to stop writing their essay. The collective sound of pencils being dropped on desks filled the room before it officially became quiet.

"This is, um, I'm sorry I can't seem to read the writing." Mr. Langley chuckled awkwardly, squinting at the small pink slip of paper that the front desk gave all the new students.

"Gannon, my name is Gannon Driss." A smooth voice replied, his tone casual.

"Welcome to English, Mr. Driss. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?" The teacher asked, dropping the pink slip on his desk as he watched the new student step in front of the board.

"Hi, I'm Gannon, my family just moved here from Boston. I like music and my favourite colour is black." The guy said confidently, looking at the teacher for further direction.

"Black's not a colour!" Luke called out from the back of the class causing a few people to chuckle.

Ashton nearly snorted because Luke and him almost had a full out argument about the topic when Luke came over last night. Obviously Ashton won because he finally googled it.

Ashton turned in his uncomfortable school desk and raised an eyebrow at the boy seated behind him, and got a small smirk in response.

Mr. Langley made a point to scowl at Luke for disrupting the class even though they weren't really doing anything. It was safe to say that Luke was not Langley's favourite student, if the teacher had his way than Luke would have been sitting front and centre and most importantly away from his best friend. Luke proved him wrong by managing to fail everything he was given for a week straight and complaining that he worked better when Ashton was helping him.

"Sit wherever there's room." Langley suggested, gesturing to the sea of desks in front of him. There were a total of three available desks, one would be absolutely ideal for a straight male as it was currently surrounded by the most popular girls in the class, who were all beckoning him over. The next spot was less ideal but still desirable, that seat was placed towards the front where Langley didn't tend to call upon students to answer questions, it was where some of the more popular guys sat and usually discussed the upcoming parties.

Finally, there was a seat available in front of Ashton. This was the least desirable of them all because Luke often chucked bits of eraser at whoever sat around Ashton unless he liked them, one of the chair legs was a lot shorter than the rest so the person would wobble around if they shifted the tiniest little bit. Plus they had to deal with Laura, who was the resident gossip queen, Ashton was careful to purposely leave a seat in between them. Don't get him wrong, Laura was lovely but he could tell her that he thought some girl was pretty and the whole school would know within three seconds.

"Hey Ash, look at this." Luke whispered, gaining the boy's attention immediately. He handed his phone to Ashton with a picture displayed on the screen.

He snorted, raising his eyebrows at Luke in surprise.

"Yes, that is Michael wearing Calum's sister's bra." Luke assured, chuckling at Ashton's reaction.

The pink haired boy was shirtless, sporting a lacy black bra with the clasp at the back undone. He appeared to be striking a pose for the camera because his arms were thrown back behind his head casually and he had his eyes closed.