Step 3.6 - Party

A/N: Double update! Yay :D 

"Help! Ow!" Calum yelled, curling up into a ball on the ground as three boys proceeded to kick him.

"Shut up!" One of them seethed, looking around to see if anyone was watching before going back to kicking the boy on the concrete.

"Stop!" A police man yelled as a cop car pulled up next to the curb in front of the four boys. Two police got out of the cruiser as the four boys watched, not even bothering to kick the boy anymore. The police began to question what exactly had happened when Calum jumped up from the ground.

"Go!" Luke yelled, choosing to run directly in between the two police officers. The boys exchanged glances before dispersing as well.

"Hey, that's that punk teenager from earlier!" One of the police yelled, pointing at Luke as the blond stopped sprinting once he was across the street. Ashton peeked around a corner just in time to see Luke drop his pants and shake his pale white ass at the cops.

"You're fucking stupid!" Ashton couldn't help but yell at the blond, hearing the boy chuckle while trying to pull up his tight skinny jeans. 

One of the police turned around and pointed at Ashton, "Don't move!"

Naturally, the fight or flight instinct took over and Ashton didn't feel like chilling out in the back of a cop car while they cruised around trying to scope out the other three teenagers. Punching a cop wasn't exactly a terrific idea so running was the only immediate option, which would mean doing the exact opposite of what the police said.

Quickly looking around the street, Ashton decided to run through the grocery store across the street to hopefully escape them.

~*~

"Can I get a powdered doughnut, a chocolate one, and um, throw in that one with pink sprinkles," Michael gestured to the display case vaguely as he ordered, as the cashier began to bag each doughnut he looked around. Calum was seated at a table a few feet away, looking out the window with an absentminded smile gracing his face.

Michael couldn't help smiling at just the sight of his boyfriend, he watched Calum pull his phone out of his pocket as he handed the change to the cashier and thanked her. He was halfway to the table when his own phone vibrated, he paused and looked at Calum in confusion.

Calum: Don't look now but a pair of Town Clowns just walked in.

Michael couldn't help the urge to look over his shoulder, it wasn't everyday that a couple of clowns showed up in town. Calum must have seen his expression because Michael another text before he could turn toward the door.

Calum: Cops, Michael.

Calum: Town Clown means police.

The excitement washed away into nervousness and Michael sat down stiffly in the seat in front of his boyfriend. The two made eye contact as the police ordered, they maintained eye contact as the two burly police officers sat down at the table located directly across from the teenagers.

Without being able to help themselves, both Calum and Michael looked over at the police. They weren't exactly subtle in their staring because one of the cops looked over and smiled before going back to his sandwich.

Leaning back in his chair, Michael smiled back at the police and settled down more comfortably into his seat as not to look any more suspicious.

Calum decided that they were safe so he began sending Michael cute pictures of cats to which the latter scowled but saved quite a few to his camera roll.